Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
asked by Amazon Customer on August 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Jody answered on August 11, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the info, I would like to hear how you like the Nikon once you get it. In my case Tokina would have auto focus. The D7000 has a focus motor built in. So in my case that doesn't exclude the Tokina, it's still in the running.

Thanks again. Let me know what you think of the Nikon
Amazon Customer answered on August 13, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One other characteristic I considered regarding the Tokina 100mm Macro is the external focus, the barrel extends out enough that it 'may' interfere with the object being photographed. Not a deal breaker though.

The Nikon 85mm Micro has internal focus and I can interchange the 52mm filters I already own.

I'll let you know of my initial impressions. :)
Jody answered on August 13, 2011

A
Jody answered on August 16, 2011

A
Amazon Customer answered on August 16, 2011

A
I use single point focus as well when setting my auto focus. With a moving object, in my case a bumblebee, it's very hard to point focus then recompose the shot (the bee just won't cooperate with me and remain still). The fault in the auto focus 'searching' is me , not the lens. Still objects are great with AF and VR.

I'm headed to Niagara Falls in the morning and can't wait to 'break-in' my rather new Tokina 12-24mm.
Jody answered on August 17, 2011

A
Thanks for all your info.

Have a great trip
Amazon Customer answered on August 17, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product