Customer Discussions > Gone Girl forum

What To Read After Gone Girl?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 1:46:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jan 13, 2013 8:59:04 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 2:01:52 PM PDT
One book that has a twist that I didn't see coming (although you don't find out until the end) is Chris Bojalian's (sp?) book called "The Double Bind." I think this one would be a great movie.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 6:46:39 AM PDT
Molady1957 says:
Thank you for the suggestion. I was just wondering what I should get after reading Gone Girl, which I loved, loved, loved.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 7:43:31 AM PDT
Get any of Nikki French's books. They're all twisty psychological thrillers similar to Flynn's but a tad more believable.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 11:19:04 AM PDT
I would recommend Gillian Flynn's book, "Dark Places". Very good, intense read!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:49:47 PM PST
Em C Cloney says:
Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering the same thing! I also *loved* Gone Girl. I disagree with the posters who didn't like the ending and I really hope they don't give the movie a pat, Hollywood-happy ending. My biggest worry is how they'll handle the fact that *so much* of what we know comes directly from the characters' minds and the diary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:26:37 AM PST
Betty Renner says:
What to read after Gone Girl? Tana French, Tana French and, oh, Tana French.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:27:42 AM PST
Ms Terry says:
Nikki French is to Gillian Flynn as MacDonalds is to Le Cirque - try A Dark Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine (pseudonym of the incomparable Ruth Rendell).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 9:37:54 PM PST
A tad? !!! A tad? How kind you are Erica!!!!..my black lab puppy who's quite the ham and even more the goofball could write phsychological thriller circles topping this books 'un-believability. Sorry I couldnt help myself from butting in here but i was just so gosh darn disappointed after getting through all those pages of non stop bellyaching and conniving. I would read anything,! The nearest farmers almanac even, just to cleanse the palatte!

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:29:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2012 4:30:05 PM PST
K. Shoop says:
I read a book called "The Sense of an Ending" by Julian Barnes right after I read Gone Girl. Without any intention of choosing a specific follow-up book, The Sense of an Ending was almost perfect as a follow-up because it explores some of the same themes as Gone Girl but in a more subdued, muted way. It also was a book dealing with how women and men interact, how they see each other, and the sometimes-uncrossable chasm that separates individuals within relationships. It was extremely well-written and a bit of a relief after the twists, turns and high-drama of Gone Girl; but it was still gripping and highly readable.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:53:15 AM PST
D. Carpenter says:
Read "The Little Engine That Could" - the writing and plot are much better.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:57:37 PM PST
CapriciousB says:
I immediately read Sharp Objects and then Dark Places by Gillian Flynn---I loved loved Gone Girl, think it is the best of the three, but all three are disturbingly addictive. Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 4:46:57 AM PST
Ruth Rendell writing as Barbara Vine. She is a master at psychological thrillers. Also as a mystery writer. One of the very best.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 7:18:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 13, 2013 8:59:17 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2013 6:18:21 AM PDT
Nicole says:
This is one of my favorites ever!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2014 3:04:56 AM PST
Lynne says:
After Gone Girl (which I loved!), I read a fantastic book that has a similar format of alternating he/she chapters, and was almost as good as Gone Girl. It was also a page turner!

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison

The Silent Wife: A Novel
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Gone Girl forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gone Girl
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Hardcover - June 5, 2012)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (40,532)