- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: Liberty Fund; 1st edition (1979)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0913966657
- ISBN-13: 978-0913966655
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.2 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.1 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,716,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
What Should Economists Do? 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
What Should Economists do makes you think critically about modern Neoclassical economics. If choice is fully defined by utility functions, can there be real choice? How can the mathematical approach to social theory that economists favor be reconciled with the analysis of real people and real institutions? What can different disciplines learn from each other? This book is one of Buchanan's' best works. It is one of his most readable too. It should be read, not only by economists, but by anyone who is interested in social theory.