Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Doctor Who: Season 8 [Blu-ray] forum

What This Set Will Include

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2014 5:36:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2014 5:37:35 PM PDT
I know this is all speculation, but here are my thoughts on what this set will include.

1.) It is 99.99999% unlikely that it will not include Day of the Doctor and Time of the Doctor. These were Matt Smith episodes, and while they include the first appearances of Peter Capaldi, there is no justification to put them in. Also, it is highly unlikely that they will publish the two together. Unlike the 2008-10 David Tennant Specials, there are only 2, not 5.

2.) It will include the 13 episodes of Series 8. There are two things that remain unknown. First, we know that there are 13 episodes in Series 8, the question is whether or not that includes the Christmas Special. If so then I would guess that this set will include this set will include the Christmas Special. If that is a 14th episode in addition to the regular 13, then I would guess that it is then a 50.50 shot. Precedence says that the Christmas Special would be included on the following release, however proximity could justify breaking precedence. We will have to see what comes.

3.) Doctor Who at the Proms 2013: My guess would be that it is not included--unfortunately. However I go along with why the Matt Smith Specials will not be included. My guess would be that either it will be included on a 2013 Specials set (which I see as unlikely) or, what I really hope, is that it will be included on a Blu-Ray set with all 4 of the other music specials in uncut, unedited forms on Blu-ray. Although a pipe dream, I hope it will come true.

4.) Special Features: Right now all I will say is that it should include "Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor".

5.) The main features will be 1080p with DTS-HD MA audio. While Series 5 & 6 were not this way, The Complete Series 7, Day of the Doctor, Time of the Doctor and the special set of 1-7 were all in 1080p with DTS-HD MA audio.

Any thoughts? We're so far out from the first episode that it should be fun guessing until then.

Posted on Jun 23, 2014 5:10:43 AM PDT
I'd say very little chance of Day of the Doctor being on here. Maybe Time of the Doctor but probably not. If it starts airing in August then the earliest series 8 would finish is the end of October. Typically its like 4 months later the set comes out, so the special will have aired by then so I really think it will be included.

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 5:24:18 AM PDT
Any thoughts if this will include Deep Breath? I'm curious since its being released separately in a few weeks. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and get it (I don't get BBC), or wait and make sure that its in the Full Season 8.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2014 10:43:24 AM PDT
Yeah. It will be included. They are just trying to milk money from those who can't wait to get the complete and want episdode 1 now.

Posted on Sep 8, 2014 4:55:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2014 4:56:04 AM PDT
Well BBC says the complete season 8 set is coming out in November so no chance for it to have the 2014 Christmas Special. I'd hate to think this is going to be so expensive and only have the 13 season 8 Episodes on it.

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 12:39:22 PM PDT
Based on the length in minutes, I'm fairly certain this won't include Time of the Doctor. However, the length does suggest that the finale will be a longer episode, like the premiere!

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 2:22:27 PM PDT
I just realized season 8 is only 12 episodes, not 13 like usual... :(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2014 4:21:47 PM PDT
Right but episode 1 and 12 (I'm assuming, based on the # of minutes listed for this product) are both about 75 minutes long, meaning it's actually 15 minutes longer than a regular season filled with 13 (45 minute) episodes.

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 8:53:46 AM PST
J. McMillen says:
Wasn't the Christmas special usually the 1st episode on some of the previous 'Complete Series' releases? The 2014 Christmas episode will probably be included in the Complete Series 9 set whenever it comes out.

I just want to know what this set includes so I know what, if anything, I need to purchase separately.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2014 1:04:21 PM PST
Yes the christmas special was usually included in previous seasons, but last year was a little different. There were two specials instead of one, classified as the "2013 specials" rather than as being part of either season like usual. They also included a different Doctor than we have this season, and based on the total runtime it would be impossible to fit the christmas special in this release.

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 5:17:18 AM PST
Since I buy the episodes as they air to watch them the only way I justified buying the blu-ray box set was that it had mini episodes not available through amazon or on netflix. This season has none so it looks like I have no reason to buy this set :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2014
Latest post:  Nov 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: Season 8 [Blu-ray]
Doctor Who: Season 8 [Blu-ray] by Peter Capaldi (Blu-ray - 2014)
4.2 out of 5 stars (3,414)