‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the shorter Dr. Seuss stories, but still one of my favorites, March 11, 2012
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
"The Sneetches and Other Stories" is a collection of stories by American author Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, that was published in 1961. The collection is composed of four separate stories: "The Sneetches," "The Zax," "Too Many Daves," and "What Was I Scared Of?"

This app is a digital version of the story "What Was I Scared Of?" You can read the story in your choice of three modes:

1. Read the book yourself.
2. Let a narrator read the book aloud, with you flipping the pages.
3. Let a narrator read the book aloud and flip the pages.

The book is rated for children (ages 9 and under), and even preschoolers should enjoy it in the narration mode. The story is simple enough for very young kids to understand. Like other Dr. Seuss stories, it's as much fun for grownups as it is for kids.

I've read a number of illustrated interactive book apps, and "What Was I Scared Of?" is as full-featured as any that I've seen. Kids will love touching objects and having the narrator pronounce the object's name as the spelling of the object is displayed. Another nice touch is that the words in the text are highlighted as the narrator pronounces them, which helps kids who are just learning to read to associate a word with a sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, December 31, 2012
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
My grandson loved the Mercer Mayer stories from Oceanhouse so I got a few Dr. Seuss for my kindle fire. The story is great, of course, but doesn't offer as many fun interactions as the others. Still fun and great for almost readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Dr. Seuss WIN!, April 5, 2013
Cami Bauman (BISMARCK, ND, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
My kids love this e-book! It's a great story with a wonderful lesson about fear and bravery. My girls (5 and 2.5) even quote it to each other when one of them is scared about something. And I like that it is easy for them to 'read' along with on the KindleFire without my assistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Learner, October 16, 2013
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
Helps my 6 year old learn how to read and explore objects on the page. Most ebooks just read to your child, but the ebooks from Dr. Seuss are much more interactive.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, July 7, 2013
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
Dr. Suess books are great, but if you have to read them over and over to little ones (as you always must) you find that you begin speaking in rhyme yourself. When you don't have to be the one actually reading it the rhyme is less contagious.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, February 10, 2013
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
DR Seuss cant go wrong my son loves the stories and easy reading with options to read it to himself

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like the sound effects on this one., March 11, 2012
Jenn (Tampa, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
I have bought 6 of these stories from OceanHouse Media and my kids like them all. You can read the story yourself; have it read to you, but you still turn the pages; or you can put it on auto-play and it will turn the pages while it reads the story all on its own.

EBooks usually have a scanned quality to them and don't take up the whole screen of my kindle but these stories take up the whole page and zoom in and out to focus on what is going on in the story. The narrators voice is pleasant and I really like all of the sound effects, they seem to add just the right touch to the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandbaby loves it!, July 26, 2012
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
My four year old granddaughter picked this out, she loves the on line books. She has had it read to her and then tried reading it herself! It has been enjoyable for both of us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps to teach reading, June 28, 2014
Amazon Customer (Long Beach, california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
My 6 year old niece loves these Dr Seuss interactive Kindle books. She Learned to read a lot better after using these for a short time. She loves them and I love them

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lilac Wolf and Stuff Review, May 12, 2014
This review is from: What Was I Scared Of? - Dr. Seuss (App)
It's a little confusing to the kids that it's a book but it's in the app area. I do love the format and the read to me feature allows my children to listen on their own. It also lets them learn new words by clicking on them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›