Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on June 7, 2008
Dawn Huebner has written a wonderful book about helping children deal with nighttime fears. I am child psychologist who specializes in anxious children and I have been recommending this book to the parents of my patients. I use the book as an adjunt to my therapy. However, parents and children can easily benefit from this book on their own. I What I like about this book is that it creates a sense of fun about dealing with anxieties at night. It has some great suggestions about playful games that have a purpose as in her"The Famous Fear-Melting Super Hiding Game". I always value books that give me ideas and a vocabulary about how to talk with children. Dr. Huebner book has many suggestions about how to use child friendly language to deal with nighttime fears. My child clients have liked doing the drawing and other assignments contain in the book. This book will be my standard recommendation for children who struggle with those anxious feelings at bedtime.
on December 22, 2008
I almost cried when I read this book the first time! I felt like a miracle had just landed in my lap! My child is almost 7 years old and every single night since he was born has been a challenge to get him to sleep. I cannot say thank you enough to this amazing author for creating this gift for my family. I have bought at least 10 books on anxiety in children and this is the only one I would recommend. I'm sure it would help those with mild or severe issues.
Before I grew up, I thought that when I had kids I would feel like a grown up and have more answers. But then you have kids and reality hits and you feel more lost than ever. You want to teach your kids to work through their issues successfully and this book helps parents to do that.
on August 22, 2008
I have a 6 year old son who has decided that he is too scared to sleep in his own bed. I tried all the typical things that worked when he was younger (Blankie, night light, monster repellent spray bottle, barracade of stuffies around his bed and finally, logic. Nothing worked.
This book has some great tips and helped me understand some of the possible root issues.
The kid focused activities--I know i"ll never do. He's too young I think. But for an older kid, I think the process is a good one--puts control of the fear in their hands....a good thing for any "scary" situation.
on November 4, 2013
The content is good with all kinds of ideas for youngsters with fears to explore. I was not happy that the book presented all kinds of new and scary fears to an already fragile child. While originally I thought it was perfect, as I moved through it, I realized it was inappropriate for my grandchild.
on June 28, 2011
We just got this book and in only 4 days it has already made a huge impact for my 9 year old daughter. She has struggled for years with night fears and sleep issues. We kept thinking she would hopefully "grow out of it"! The steps in this book have finally empowered her to feel like she can overcome her fears at night! She has still gotten up in the middle of the night but we can now walk her right back to her bed without drama and meltdowns. And she falls back asleep very quickly!!
on March 4, 2011
Our daughter was diagnosed with OCD 2 and a half years ago and the nighttime anxiety was the last standing issue. I was at my wits end; between wanting to help her deal with this feeling and keeping the peace in the house at 10pm when everyone else was trying to fall asleep. For an 11 year old - this workbook was absolutely PERFECT. In roughly 3 weeks she has retrained her brain to know 'now it is time to go to sleep'. A couple of nights ago, after not having much 'talk time' during the day I started a conversation during her 'snooze' phase and all she said to me was 'mommy shhhhhhhh' I was so proud. Highly recommended, I think it would work for a person at any age!
on August 18, 2008
I purchased this book to work with my 8 year old daughter. She was having problems falling asleep at night and was experiencing a lot of anxiety getting ready for bedtime. I read the book with my daughter and used the workbook pages. It was easy for my daughter to read and helped me create a plan for her bedtime routine. It has made a huge difference for her. The magic tricks that are offered in the book are a great touch and she actually looked forward to reading the book.
on November 29, 2010
Our daughter is 10 and we were still fighting over going to bed. We dreaded bedtime as much as she did. Our pediatrician recommended this workbook and wow-the first night it worked. She read thru it and made the "call back" cards. She couldn't wait to use them for three nights and win her reward. Four days later I was buying her reward. That was a month ago and we haven't had a bad night since. The workbook is easy to read and addresses the reasons for not sleeping. Great book. I have already recommended it to several friends.
on May 1, 2012
This book is AWESOME!! I have a six year old son who has anxiety-related sleep issues and this book has been the answer for our sleep deprived family!! I would HIGLY RECOMMEND if you have a child with nighttime fears/sleep problems... It is a workbook for the child to do himself, this teaches the CHILD how to fix the problems through cognitive behavioral therapeutic interventions...and gives the child/parents a specific plan of action to address bedtime issues. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
on December 6, 2012
This book is phenomenal. It clearly explains evidence based treatments for nighttime difficulties in a kid-friendly way. My kid and I read it together like a bedtime story and we both enjoyed it. I skipped the magic tricks but I love the concept of them and think they would be very helpful in kids a bit older than mine (age 4). I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and I found the book informative, well written, and spot on. I would highly recommend it to anyone whose kid has trouble falling/staying asleep, or anyone who wants to learn good sleep hygiene.