Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: What Would Brian Boitano Make?: Fresh And Fun Recipes For Sharing With Family And Friends
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 2, 2013
I am delighted to be the first reader to review this book, as
What Would Brian Boitano Make? is a book that will delight any foodie or fan of Boitano, be it as a chef or a skater. The recipes look tantalizing and festive but well within the ability of an average cook to successfully make, and most of them include marvelous, sumptuous color photographs that could make one want to eat the paper upon which they are printed! Brian offers many tips and tweaks one can do with the ingredients, including ones that he did with the dishes that gave him the recipe ideas in the first place.

The book could be subtitled, Why Did Brian Boitano Make?, as it features an abundance of anecdotes on Brian's culinary memories, from his Aunt Tree's passed-down-from-memory Italian specialties to the restaurants of the locals in the various countries that he visited during skating competitions and tours. Between the recipes, there is much genuine love of friends, and especially family, expressed through the pages. This book will remind the reader of his or her own fun times with food, family, and friends, and will inspire many new equally tasty discoveries!
on June 10, 2013
This book has literally gotten me back into the kitchen again. I live alone and got out of the habit of cooking for myself, but as soon as I saw some of Brian's recipes I immediately went out and bought the ingredients for two of them: his Spaghetti Carbonara and Mac 'n Cheese. His recipes aren't intimidating like in many cookbooks, yet are very unique. And he provides the reader with lots of helpful hints with each dish, which are invaluable for people like me who are often unsure of themselves in the kitchen. Many times I find myself just sitting down and reading all of the text preceding each chapter and recipe....once you get started it's hard to put the book down. I've bought several copies for friends. One of them, who has a large family and often entertains, said she had stopped buying cookbooks because she normally only found a handful of recipes she wanted to try. In Brian's, every other page is flagged, and she is so excited about getting started (the Parmesan-crusted Brussels Sprouts and Shrimp and Polenta are on the menu for tonight). This book is so well-organized and user-friendly, the photos are outstanding, and the menu section in the back is brilliant. Do not hesitate to purchase a copy; believe me, you won't be disappointed.
on May 31, 2013
One of the best cookbooks I have come across in a long time. Everything from the delicious recipes to the beautiful photos... I have actually started to look forward to cooking for my family again. My favorites so far-- Lemon Meringue cocktail-Pork Tenderloin w/Plum Salsa and the Rigatoni (yummy).
on May 30, 2013
Brian's commitment to excellence has shown itself once again. "What Would Brian Boitano Make" is a work of art on every level.
The recipes are unique and amazing. The photography is glorious. And to top it off, Brian's stories bring a personal flavor to it all that brings smiles and even laughter. WONDERFUL!
on August 21, 2013
I got Brian's book before I started my Readers Digest diet and I was totally surprised to see how close his recipes are to those in the diet book (just a touch different though). No wonder he has remained so fit and trim. His recipes are delicious and basically easy to prepare and definitely colorful. I probably wouldn't have the weight problem if I started using his recipes earlier in life. His book is also fun to read. Brian has always been a favorite of mine and I love his stories.
on May 30, 2013
This is by far the best cook book I own, and will ever own! I am a wife and mother, with little time for meals. I am so happy I purchased this book because the meals are fast, easy, delicious, and look gourmet! There are too many great things about this book to write in a review, but I will list a few of my favorites:
1) The recipes are incredibly easy to follow, simple wordage, to the point.
2) The layout of the book is genius, you will see what I mean when you get the book - and he even has 'menus' for an entire dinner/lunch or whatever! Love it.
3) The recipes are from food I use on a daily basis, and can make in my kitchen, with my tools, no culinary training necessary.
He has done a fantastic job with this book, and to top it off, he really makes you feel like you are a part of his family and kitchen with the stories, recipes, and where they come from. I am going to buy more to pass them out as gifts - so worth it!
Highly recommend this book. Very happy.
on June 10, 2013
First I would like to say that Brian is one of the nicest people I have ever known. He is one of those unique people that you always walk away from feeling happy, satisfied, and good about yourself. Like you've just had a delicious five course meal. Mmmmmm! What is amazing about his cookbook is that he has transferred these feelings into each and every one of his easy, fun, and creative recipes. It is so personal that you will feel like you are cooking and dining on yummy food with a good friend - who just happens to be an Olympic star. And in turn, your friends and family will love you for sharing with them. Fun - fun - fun Brian! You've got another Gold here!
on August 21, 2013
I have been a fan of Brian since I was a child, and when I heard that he loves to cook and entertain, I knew I had to have his cookbook. It has great stories and photography, and the recipes are doable even if you're a novice like me. I met Brian at a bookstore in Atlanta this year, and had a wonderful time talking food with him. Such a friendly and delightful man. If you're a fan, his cookbook is a must have.
on August 1, 2013
I have made a number of recipes from this book and they are all delicious. Not only are they easy to make, but the ingredients are not difficult to find. He also gives substitutes if there is something you may not be able to find, or also a few lower calorie options. The Green Goddess dressing is beyond sublime! Where the book is a real treat is the stories and lovely photos of his friends, family and skating events. It is like spending time chatting with a delightful friend followed by a great meal!
The recipes can be done by any level of cook and even though they are not hard, the flavors are sophisticated. So far I have made the crab and avocado crostinis, several of the salads, penne with broccoli rabe and goat cheese, tuna steak with green goddess dressing, and the salmon with pea/basil pesto.
Highly recommended.
It just makes me miss his show that much more though....
on August 16, 2013
This cookbook is AMAZING!!. I've made a lot of the recipes, and what sets it apart, is the recipes are unique, and stand on their own.. The Carne Asada Tacos, and Paella sliders are Delicious and unlike anything I've had. The pork shoulder fall off the bone tender and delicious. I also made the Crab and-Avacado crostini and sun-dried tomato Goat Cheese skewers and my guests ate them all very quickly, and RAVED about them. Brian is incredibly talented as a cook. I highly recommend this cookbook, in addition to the food, the stories and photos he weaves throughout the book are beautiful, insightful, interesting and give it a wonderful personal touch. Bravo Brian!!