Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on May 10, 2013
Blog Review in Progress

Judge Judy strikes again with her poignant and powerful advice. Written in the same K.I.S.S. format that have made her books bestsellers, this book flowed smoothly and I finished it in about 1 hour. Now, I do have to admit that I did have a bit of a sticker shock with it. The book is 116 pages and $5.99. It didn't stop me grabbing it. This is to be part of a series based on her new interactive website [...] .

I loved that she included questions/stories of people who have made the mistakes of living together. I think it brought a bit of "human-ness" to it. She also didn't have quite the bite of the tongue as she is famous for either.

Now I must admit that I have been married for over 20 years, but there are things that I walked away from this book saying..."ya know...never thought of it that way." This is definitely a series I will continue with.

Wanna know just what a genius this woman is....it is Indie published Prime borrowing and Kindle lending friendly!
on June 23, 2013
As expected,Judge Judy's moral compass is pointed to a course of success in living. If everybody followed these guidelines we'd have a smarter populace!!! Thanks for being and sharing!
on January 1, 2014
Judge Judy is always the voice of reason and common sense. Anyone who is contemplating living with a lover without the benefit of marriage should first read this book. It would likely change their thinking.
on June 7, 2013
I thought I read the product reviews and understood what the book was about but I did not. I did not realize the book was a "comment and response" type book. I definitely learned some stuff and wish I would have had this knowledge in my first (and only) marriage but definitely was looking for something with a little more substance and a lot more of Judge Judy.
on September 14, 2013
Judy is Judy in this matter of fact look at the reality of current day relationships and how decisions made today can affect your entire life. She is pretty candid in explaining that "this is the reality of now". Non judgmental for a Judge! she puts into perspective, with examples of real life stories, how to do and not do premarital relationships. Very insightful and an honest guild line - couples of all ages should read thoroughly before testing the water.
on January 2, 2015
Anyone thinking of living together or are living together should read this. I know I always wanted to shack up first then marry. I'm pretty sure we never would of made that commitment. We have 37 years of married ups and downs and I'm glad we have worked hard for our relationship. After reading some of these people's issues I'm glad I have the law on my side. I would hope my sister and niece would read this. But I have a feeling they'll end up a chapter in this book.
on November 4, 2013
I have enjoyed Judge Judy's TV show. The reason I don't give this book a 5 star rating is that it is too liberal for my way of thinking and living. I do not agree with living together without the benefit of marriage. I know it is very common today, but I still believe it is wrong. I believe that for centuries people have dated, learned their mates well enough to have a great marriage, and did marry before living together.

Now, I am not so naive that I would think that everyone makes the best choice of mate by dating only and not living together. But, as Judy does mention quite a few times in the book, without that 'piece of paper' called a Marriage License, the parties are not protected under the laws of the land. So, it is not beneficial to simply live together. She DOES, however, say that IF you do live together before marriage, as a test period not to exceed one year, there are certain legal papers that should be drawn up in order to afford some amount of legal protection in event of break up, etc. Also, there are certain things that should be put in writing, legally binding or not, that can guide you in a break up.

I would recommend this book. It is good reading, and has some really great info in it. I understand that not everyone agrees with me, and that is fine. I respect other's beliefs and ideas, and I would trust they will do the same for me.
on August 1, 2013
Her advice is spot on directed on young people thinking of playing house.
Nothing new if you watch her daily.
on August 9, 2013
If you are considering moving in together with out the benefit of marriage, this book is a must read. I will make you think about how you should proceed and safeguard yourself should this relationship fail.
on April 23, 2014
There's no one magical recipe for how people live their lives, enter into relationships, and leave those relationships. Different things work for different people. Judge Judy collected stories told by her fans and offers her own insight, wisdom, and experience into these situations about the ups and downs of living together before, or, indeed, in spite of, marriage. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Judge Judy's message, though - always be prepared, because while courts will help divorced spouses, they have nothing to offer people who are merely "playing house" together.