Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon November 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had mixed feelings about this game. Two of my teens (15, 17) rated this 1 star, my kids make me laugh quite a bit and during this game they did have me laughing a lot. Some of these questions are rather funny but there are a lot that are lame or boring and that was my kid’s complaint, they were bored. It is definitely best to play with the most players available. We decided to change some of the rules and just do our own thing which my kids found more amusing. They ended up reading the questions and playing on their own and they have a great sense of humor so I think that added to me having as much fun as I did.
There was one aspect of the game I didn’t care for which was the judging part. I found this difficult to do while playing with my kids, actually I didn’t like it at all and we just dropped it.
I have two older kids in their 20’s and I plan on playing with them to see if this is more suited for their age group.
In my opinion, if you have a goofy group of people that are close and not afraid to let loose a little and be silly then I think you could enjoy this game otherwise I think there is something better out there for a family game with your older teens.
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is one of those games where you have to act out silly things in front of everyone and do all sorts of awkward things to and in front of the other players. This is the type of game that I would have maybe played in high school or college before I was married in a large group of friends, where there is a lot of flirting going on and people are in the mood to be silly and have some laughs. But now that I am married and my husband and I play games with other married friends, it just is not really the type of game we are into.

There are three different categories of challenges you have to do: Display Your Theatrical Genius, Wow With Your Trivial Talents, and Inspire With Your Creative Brilliance.The trivia and creative brilliance challenges are pretty fun. The theatrical genius challenges mostly involve doing embarrassing things/acting out things/singing/other awkward stuff. If you are not into that kind of thing you will probably not like this game.

Here are some examples of the challenges:

"Look longingly into the eyes of any player and tell him/her how much you love them and why."
"Pretend you are a mad scientist and show/tell everyone your latest creation."
"Sing 'Happy Birthday' like a mobster."
"Pretend you are a drunken bird and fly around the room."
"You are the world's most celebrated avant-garde dancer. Do an interpretive dance to the music in your head."
"Pretend you're a cat trying to get your owner's attention. Choose any player to be 'your owner.'"

So, there you have it. If you like being in the spotlight and acting things out and being silly then you will probably enjoy this game. If you are more reserved or don't feel like proclaiming love to your game buddies or interpretive dancing in front of your pals, then you should probably skip this one.
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
You can tell by looking at this game it is geared toward kids between the ages of 10-14. Why adults are trying to play it and are concluding it's a "drinking game" is beyond me. Maybe it's because the Klondike commercials from the 80's and 90's are seared into their memories. One person commented that there is no tie in to Klondike bars at all, but since the point of the game is to collect all 6 Klondike bars in order to win, that's just not true.

As others have noted, this is not a board game, but a creativity game. You use different creative vehicles to solve challenges. If you don't like games where you have to be creative like Pictionary, Charades, etc. then you probably won't like this game.

Anyway, I turned this over to some very silly girls ranging in ages from 10-14. They liked it a lot actually. Here are some comments I recorded:

-You need to know how to read and write
-Could be fun for ages 7 and up
-Very easy to learn, you can even learn as you play
-Everyone gets to be the judge, and there is the concept of stealing another persons Klondike bar. (seems realistic)
-There are two die, one tells what flavor Klondike bar you play for, the other tells what kind of challenge to do (trivia, theatrical, creativity)
-Comes with small whiteboards and markers, which are neat and work well

Suggestion: Should come with a coupon towards Klondike bars because after you are done playing you will want to eat one.

Summary: This could be a great Christmas gift game if you have the right audience, which I believe to be pre-teen to early-teen. There is nothing off color about the challenges that should worry you about a young audience playing this game.
on November 29, 2015
Probably the most underrated board game in existence. Some cards can be interpreted as slighlty dirty or have innuendos. It will most likely fly over little kiddies heads but it is definitely all the more fun for teens. Coming from a 15 year old, the cards are silly enough for kids, daring enough for teens, and stress relieving for adults. No matter who, there are sure to be giggles when playing.

The rules are a bit complicated but can very easily be modified for kids. One of the best games I have ever played. Also helps with improv & if you play with creative people, you will have a great time
VINE VOICEon November 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Instead of shopping, I got together with some friends on Black Friday and played some games. What Would You Do For a Klondike Bar? was one of the games we played and I thought it to be a fun one that kept the laughter going.

The game is easy to figure out how to play. My group really liked the challenges where we had to act since many of them were really funny and silly. Most of the challenges consisting of trivia questions or that were asking you to draw something were a lot of fun as well. However, I felt that some of the trivia questions/challenges were a little difficult. Some of my friends got stumped by a couple of them so we just decided to do another challenge to determine the winner of the challenge. Game time to find a winner of the overall game does not take entirely too long. My group probably played it for 45 minutes to an hour.

The games contains 36 non-edible Klondike bars, 2 dice, a stack of cards consisting of challenges, a timer, 6 dry-erase boards and markers, and the instructions. It is for 4-6 players and the age range on the box says teen to adult. My group played it with 6 people and it worked really well. You could probably play with more people if you wanted if you have them in teams or share dry erase boards.

Overall, a really fun game that I would recommend playing with your family and/or friends at a party or on a game night. I'll definitely play it again next time I'm with a large group of friends!
on December 19, 2013
Or $3 Ben and Jerry's bars, for that matter. Don't understand the "grown-up" reviewers who are so unhappy with this game-- what made them possibly think it was a sophisticated game for adult game night? It has plastic ice cream treat "prizes"! It's a game for teens and pre-teens to play with friends or possibly --- and I said possibly, Mr. Anti-Limelight -- with their parents (and as for Mr.Play-It-With-Jell-O-shots, all I can say is please don't forget to select a designated driver.) No, it will never be Apples to Apples or Scattergories, but it's still a fun, letting-off-steam, can bend the rules kind of game for that age group.

An earlier review by IAMSLICK nicely details the game's features --check it out if you want to know more. The only thing I would add is that you can swap out mini-Klondike chocolate bars for the plastic Klondike bar prizes -- buy a couple of extra bags, to keep all the players satisfied!
on February 17, 2014
I paid 7 dollars for this, thinking "what the hey, 7 bucks for a board game is dirt!" I played with my college friends (18-20 range), and the game as it is meant to be played is kind of stupid. We had a LOT more fun just rolling the die and reading/doing as the cards asked. I would not buy this game for more than 15 dollars, as you aren't likely to use it often. It's not the next Yatzee. However, at the price I paid, getting one night of laughs out of it was worth it to us. We may play again with just the cards for giggles. The markers included are going to lose ink all over you, so do be prepared to get/use other ones.
on February 23, 2014
I got this for my sister. And at one point we played it 5 days in a row. It was amazing and hilarious. I would buy this game for anyone who will do anything to win a game. I plan on buying more for other people and even buying different editions of this for myself (and my sister). I don't know if they have other editions but I hope they do! If you like acting things out and drawing and racing people in drawing or writing down creative answers then this game is for you. Give it a chance because magic will happen.
on August 12, 2014
This isn't an awful game, I'm just not quite sure who it's for. It seems like a children's game yet, there are some more adult subject matter. I honestly think this would make a great drinking game. It just seemed to be over so quickly. Will have to try it again to see if it gets better with multiple plays.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What would I do for a klondike bar? I would not play this game, thats what i would do.

The game is a basic game where you roll the dice and there are cards with colors and depending on the color you roll determines what part of the card you read and the task given. I like the trivia style questions on the cards, they are good. but the acting parts out I thought were pretty lame unless you have had a few drinks. Tasks like "proclaim love to an item in the room in the form of a poem.... Really?

I think if you are either drinkers, or young highschool or college age then this game would be good for you. But for typical adults I'm just not sure I can appreciate this game, it's not my thing. If the game was solely based on the trivia or questions then I could appreciate it better, but after thumbing through the cards the acting out charade style category I just don't like the majority of the cards.