Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection forum

What about CQC in the Xbox controller?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2011 3:52:35 AM PST
Juliano K. says:
Using CQC in Metal Gear 3 in the PS2 you could slip a soldier's throat by pressing hard the X button or hold the solder by holding the X button in a moderate pressure. How that will work in the Xbox controller? Forget me if I'm a noob, but I don't know if the Xbox 360 controller has pressure-sensitive buttons, or if it's either activated or deactivated.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 10:49:41 PM PST
Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 face buttons are pressure sensitive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 1:35:27 PM PST
Gnome says:
I've always been under the impression that the face button on the Xbox360 controller are not pressure sensitive. If you read Destructoid's review of this collection, he states that you press press the analogs since the Xbox360 controller doesn't have pressure sensitive face buttons.

"It should also be noted that the Xbox 360 controller doesn't feature the pressure-sensitive input that were a big part of the combat in these two games. However, aiming and relaxing guns are handled quite adequately with a click of the movement stick, which I actually find more manageable than dealing with varying degress of button pressure. "
http://www.destructoid.com/review-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-215893.phtml

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 9:10:14 PM PST
They did a bit of remapping for the Xbox 360 version. The analog stick interrogates, and I think it's "Y" slits their throat.

What I need is a "safety" button for automatic weapons in MGS2, so simply pressing the X button won't unload a whole clip.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about