Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2007 11:05:57 AM PST
MS Gal in GA says:
Can someone tell me whether mayonnaise is allowed in Phase I? If so, does it need to be "light" or "fat free"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2007 6:36:13 PM PST
pmc11520 says:
Yes and no. According to the Good Fats Good Carbs Guide, you should avoid fat-free but may have limited amounts of regular or light. Dairy-free is preferred (soy-based, eggless).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2007 8:19:57 AM PST
MAMZELLLE says:
I've always been on Atkins all my life [was his patient very young with my diabetic mother] and now I'm diabetic in the last 4 years that I KNOW about, and DECADES away from being a kid anymore.... and had gone back to Atkins diet STRICTLY and lowered my blood sugar to 100-120 from 300's when first self-diagnosed with my home meters, and without the help of meds, ONLY diet. Now it's getting higher again AND I gained back the 11 lbs I lost and also MORE, so want to try South Beach because I see it's a VERSION of Atkins but with more carbs. But Mayo was always a mainstay for me, and I can't live without it since so restricted with other things, and fats AREN'T restricted when on low carbs, and I don't intend to eat all the additional carbs on South Beach so really wondering about Mayo, and am very surprised to see restrictions of it, since this isn't a low fat diet, and since I CAN'T go on low fat [can't stand those products, and don't believe in them WHEN on low carbs. Low fat and high carbs is what made this country obese in the last decade or TWO. SO any feedback on this and about South Beach in general according to MY history would be appreciated. I'm about to buy this QUICK version of their cookbooks because with my back I don't do LONG recipes and have to be in and out of the kitchen FAST. This would be the best book to buy, I'm assuming? Does it also have the basics of the diet in it.... or is it ONLY cooking recipes? Thanks so much.

Posted on Aug 13, 2010 12:26:20 PM PDT
Can we have a glass of wine with dinner?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2010 7:14:22 AM PDT
Brtrains says:
The way I read it, low fat contains more sugar,high fructose corn syrup etc...I use regulay salad dresings instead of low fat as they contain less carbs
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2007
Latest post:  Aug 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less (Random House Large Print Nonfiction)
The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes or Less (Random House Large Print Nonfiction) by Arthur Agatston (Hardcover - October 11, 2005)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (323)