What are you reading now??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2011 9:04:26 AM PST
<3Justyna<3 says:
hej guys! I always hate the wait for the next book so I was wondering what books are you reading. I went through the JR Ward, Sookie Stackhouse, Anita Blake and the Fever Series. Any Suggestions on a next book?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 9:22:51 AM PST
N. Berryman says:
If you're into more fantasy-magic undead sort of thing, the series I reccomend to every person I meet is the Abhorsen books (sabriel, lyrael, abhorsen) by Nix.

I dried up the whole pool of vampire/were releated books I had and now I'm just chomping at the bit for Mercy!!!

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 11:11:08 AM PST
Meagzie says:
I am waiting on pins and needles for the new Mercy book. One of my all time favorite series! The new Mercy book and the last Georgina Kincaid book are the books I'm waiting for with the most anticipation this year!

I just finished the latest Night Huntress book that came out last week. If you haven't read the Kate Daniels series yet, I very much recommend that one. Reminds me a little bit of Mercy. And also the Chicagoland series. Another very good series. I'm a big fan of the first person, tough chick novels with just enough romance sprinkled in over a series of books!

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 7:05:11 PM PST
Wendy says:
I second the Kate Daniels series. Of all the PNR books I've read with kick-ass female protagonists, Mercy and Kate are my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 8:05:44 PM PST
<3Justyna<3 says:
Chicagoland series and Kate Daniels are my other FAvs!!! I guess I went through all the good ones :)!!!

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 12:51:01 AM PST
I love the Mercy Thompson and Kate Daniels series but I also read a lot of random fiction.

October Daye by Seanan McGuire
- not much romance but I really enjoy the grittier (not sure if that's the right word) nature of the book. It's about the fae.
Chronicles of Elantra by Michelle Sagara
- she usually write 'epic' fantasy, so this would be considered her lighter novels... which means it's really really good. Exceptional world building with a great storyline.
Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep
- about a killer for higher who has elemental powers. I liked the main character, and the concept of elemental powers. Also has vampires, and other creatures of lore.
Raine Barnes by Lisa Shearin
- Elves.. dark elves.. humans.. a whole lotta magic. This is firmly in the fantasy category. It's a light read with a lot of fun and memorable characters.
Kara Gillian by Diana Rowland
- I like the book okay at first.. but the latest book (book 3) just made things a lot more interesting just because you can feel that shiz is about to hit the fan. Demons and their summoners.
Novels of Haven by Kalayna Price
- I enjoy it when the main character doesn't fall in love with the main love interest for no reason and fast. Vampires, Cat/weres?, witches, and others.

There are also a lot of good Young Adult series out there. I swear YA novels get better and better as I grow older.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2011 6:55:06 AM PST
Read the new "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness. Has it all, chock full of history, witches, vampires and daemons. This is the first of a trilogy. Couldn't put it down!

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 4:00:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2011 4:00:58 PM PST
A. Davis says:
You all have the same taste that I do - I love both Mercy and Kate Daniels. I, too would put them at the top of my favorite UF heroine list.

Meagen...the wait for the last Succubus book has been torture!!!

If you're looking for something Kate-like, then I second Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin (Gin Blanco) series. She's definitely got that kick-butt, yet still vulnerable personality that I like in my heroines.

I also think that you can't go wrong with Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series, or Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series. And if you haven't read Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, prepare to be sucked in with diabolical cliffhangers. If you're looking for something a little different, Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy is truly epic.

Also, I agree that there are really some outstanding YA series. Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series is excellent, as is Maria Snyder's Study series. Graceling and it's companion novel Fire by Kristin Cashore are also definitely worth reading.

-Amy

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 5:10:38 PM PST
Just finished Pale Demon.

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 6:09:36 AM PST
Well, I just finished catching up on the Sign of the Zodiac series by Vicki Pettersson. Centers around a secret society of super heroes - caught me off guard and I LOVE IT.

Posted on May 23, 2012 12:01:33 PM PDT
Ms. Wiz says:
The Tairen Soul series is a nice fantasy--but not urban fantasy. the hero is definitely kick ass and she grows more kick ass later in the series and it is complete in 5 books. Also mercy and kate are my favorite. haven't tried chicagoland but will after reading it on here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  May 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by Patricia Briggs (Hardcover - March 1, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (520)