What type of battery and how long does it last during regular use and how long does it take to charge?
asked by erin on September 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
A li-ion rechargeable. About 200-250 shots. Depends on USB or wall charging. Usually about 4 hours if on empty
A. Reader answered on September 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The battery is an NP BN-1. Charged in a couple of hours using AC. At a recent visit to Disneyworld, I found that in spite of very frequest useage I did not have to recharge. I had bought an extra battery for that purpose, but found that I never had to even use it.
Murray Kowalsky answered on September 28, 2012

A
The battery type is Sony NP-BN1. The battery takes about 3 - 4 hours to fully charge from a low percentage. Will last a long time (200+ pics) just snapping pictures. Movie mode lasts less than a hour.
Kat Yares answered on September 28, 2012

A
The battery is Sony NP-BN. Initial charge is about 4 hrs then 2 hrs after that. It lasts from 200 to 250 pics and around two hours. You can halve that time for video. The battery charges in the camera itself with an included AC Adapter. You can get an external charger and a couple of extra batteries for a song on Amazon and I found them well worth it. Don't forget the most important thing is a micro SD card (would recommend at least 32gb). Your time and charge won't matter without ample memory to store those big pictures!
Richard The Buying Hearted answered on September 29, 2012

A
Dear Erin,
The battery is Sony type N (lithium ion). I haven't measured the time but is more impressive than other tiny pocket cameras I have owned. I like the idea of wearing the camera around my neck and placing it in my shirt pocket. Charge time is unknown to me because I stick it on the charger for the next time I take it out, even if it is for only an hour. I like to keep it fully charged. I did take it on a three day trip and took a lot of day time shots. Very little battery usage there. Night shots use the most energy. Mixing day and night could give you about 200 pix is my guess......Damon
Damon F. Rath answered on September 29, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is de replacemente battery model: Sony NPBN1 Sony NP-BN1 Replacement Camcorder Batteries
Besides, how long the battery lasts... well it depends you how much use it, how many efects you use in your camera, how many videos you make with the camera... But It's better if you have 2 batteries. The onl;y thing I can tell you about this camera: It's a wonderful addition. I'm really happy about it. About the efects, the videos, end so on... It awesome in every way!!!
i_mm store answered on October 1, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product