What is the best all-in-one lens? I will be spending four months in Europe studying and taking vacations. I have never been to Europe before, so I want to make sure my pictures are amazing and something I can treasure forever. I plan to buy a Canon Rebel T3i camera and just wondering what the best all-in-one lens would be for a decent price. I would like to be able to use it for architecture/landscape as well as shots of people. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
asked by M. Mack on November 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
My 24-105mm F4.0 IS L stays on my camera when traveling abroad. It's heavy, but it does take fantastic pictures. Check into the Crumpler straps. I own this strap (http://www.amazon.com/Crumpler-The-Industry-Disgrace-Brown/dp/B001JQ4QCW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1321633955&sr=8-10) and it lets me carry my 70-200mm F2.8 IS L around all day without fatigue.
J. Reid answered on November 18, 2011
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In August 2010 I bought the Canon T21 body only, then the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM UD Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras for our walking-around lens and Canon BG-E8 Battery Grip for Canon T2i Digital SLR Cameras (Retail Package) (never run out of batteries!) before a trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and haven't ever been sorry. If you buy the T3i body only, then register with Canon you should be able to get 15% off accessories + $100 off rebate through Jan 7, 2012. http://usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/Promotions/camera/lens_flash_ir_112711_rebate.pdf
TooMuchDew answered on December 12, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My suggestions would be first the Canon 24-105mm F4.0 IS L and if the price is too much, go for the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
Harold Ross answered on February 3, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 24-105 L with IS if not too expensive. If you want wide to telephoto lens the 18-200 canon lens would be fine but not as good as the L.
Oscar answered on January 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product