What type connector does the battery pack use to charge it?
asked by 130steve on December 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
Someone else said microUSB (hope not!) I don't want a micro USB port on any extended battery case I buy for my iPhone 5. They should just pass through the lightning port to another lighting port. Amazon sells one that has this, but it's junk and broke on me in one week. AVOID: "i-Blason PowerSlate Plus iPhone 5 Rechargeable External Battery Slim Fit Bumper Case" I want something with all lightning that works and is slim/nice
JazJon answered on January 14, 2013

A
votes
You can charge the Meridian case with the Micro USB to USB cable included with the case. Just plug the Micro
USB into the case, and the other ends USB into a computer USB port or into a wall plug style adapter that has a
USB output. The case will only charge in the OFF position.
Ric answered on January 14, 2013

A
votes
What's wrong with micro USB? I too tried the PowerSlate Plus and agree it was total junk, in part BECAUSE it required a Lightning connector for charging. A Lightning connector didn't fit all the way into the case's charging socket, so it wobbled around and eventually the socket failed (within a week!).
Micro USB is a shorter connector, admittedly a bit more difficult to engage, but at least it's a worldwide standard. I bet many aftermarket Lightning connector products are going to have issues for a long time to come since this is unproven technology.
by tedebear answered on February 2, 2013

A
votes
Lightning connector man.... It's an Apple product
A Person answered on January 5, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›