Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2006 11:24:19 AM PST
Hendry says:
I heard that her book is a Survival Guide for singles who don't know how to cook. And I am thinking about getting one for myself.

But does anybody know what type of cuisine she is making in the book? Italian, American, Chinese???

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2006 11:46:59 AM PST
paris says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2006 11:24:30 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2006 5:33:56 AM PST
I have just about all of her cookbooks, and there are only a few repeated recipes. I can think of three cases - Christmas Pasta, You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka Cream Pasta and Pasta Cabonarra. In each case she talks about how these are old standards that she has modified for various reasons over the years.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2006 8:31:28 AM PST
M. Lucas says:
She makes a little bit of everything, but she is probably heaviest on the Italian. She also makes a lot of interesting burgers. The most important thing is that everything is EASY.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 2:15:57 PM PDT
This book is such a cool concept...it lists things you should keep on hand in your kitchen so that on any given night, you can breeze through the express lane at the supermarket with just a few fresh ingredients to make your dinner.

Just from taking Rachael's advice and buying lots of chicken breasts on sale & having things like garlic & spices on hand, I often have to stop at the supermarket for just like, a single lemon to make dinner! I feel sorry for all the people with their big loaded carts :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2006 4:51:59 AM PDT
Busy Mom says:
I hate cookbooks without pictures. Rachael doesn't seem big on photos in her other books. Is this one any different?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2006 11:04:31 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2007 8:40:09 PM PDT
SousChef says:
What about nutritional information? Do they tell you what the calories and carb content of each meal is?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2006
Latest post:  May 26, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals
Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals by Rachael Ray (Paperback - April 18, 2006)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (102)