Samsung Chromebook (3G, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
Used & New from: $280.00
What is the difference between the 3g and WiFi versions?
asked by Ruth Arberman on August 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The 3G version would have the ability to connect to the internet via a 3G connection with a wireless carrier, Verizon in this case, similar to the connection your smart phone would have to the internet. The Wifi version only connects to the internet via a wifi connection only.
E. Pena answered on August 3, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
3G requires a cell phone plan - it costs you cell phone usage fees, but is available almost anywhere. WiFi uses a standard wireless home or business connection that doesn't cost you anything but is short-range and not always available. WiFi bandwidth is generally much greater.
Daniel R. Durrett answered on August 3, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
if you wanna small cute reliable laptop just get it but i think i have the wifi and its great no problems
EboneyNicole answered on August 3, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello,
Your questions is valid, however, I don't know the answer. My version is wifi, and works well with my current wireless system. Since I have not attempted to use my Chromebook outside my house, I don't know how well it would work in another location. I did purchase "The Chrome Book" fourth edition. Hopefully, once I read this manual, I will have a better understanding of how this computer actually works, and where and how it can be used. The cloud computing is all new to me, so I have a lot to learn.
M. Love answered on August 3, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Ruth, Sad to say that I am no "geek". I know so little about computers, but I do enjoy the internet. I bought the Samsung Chromebook2 about a month ago and really, really find it just what I need. I bought the least expensive and refurbished WiFi. I don't know what is the difference. I think it has to do with internet connection... I have a suggestion...check out the "customer reviews" on Amazon for Chromebook. I never buy anything unless the vast majority likes a product. That site
also gives you much more information than you might get anywhere else......in easy to understand non-geek English. ha !
nancy minyon answered on August 3, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product