Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 2, 2012 7:26:39 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
after seeing that Amazon did not price match toys r us deal and from many other moments. I have come to the conclusion that Amazon only listens when walmart has a lower price. Lol after the toys r us deal went away, Amazon price matches the price to walmart by lowering the price 3 centts lol wow. what do you guys think?

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 7:02:04 AM PST
C. Riccio says:
Well Amazon essentially is the Wal-mart of the online space... so I guess it's not surprising. I noticed they also match Steam with game downloads.
Either way, I don't really think this game is a bad deal for $50.
I bought Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 for $60 each when they were first released.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:23:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 9:24:24 AM PST
JJ350 says:
A $10 savings isn't worth the hassle, the crowds are usually pretty terrible when a system launches, and the selection can run out surprisingly fast. That, and I would have to pay around an extra 10% tax at Toys R Us. After you consider Amazon's release day delivery, it's just not worth it.

I am looking forward to playing this game day one, Uncharted 3 had to be my favorite game of this generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:40:21 AM PST
M. Ruiz says:
what Are you talking about what hassle lol if your order through online it just a click away and your are guaranteed your copy. The only thing your right is the release date delivery, but I could talk for myself and maybe some other people. We work and are not in a rush to receive the items. If you buy games alot like I said before I would rather keep saving $10 because it adds up...

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:40:54 AM PST
JJ350 says:
But it isn't a $10 savings. Saying that is like saying the sticker price is the final price you're going to pay when you buy a car. The $5 and some odd cents I would save, that is if I wouldn't have to pay for shipping, just isn't worth it.

Honestly, I am buying a $300+ handheld, I think I can afford to pay another $5 for a little convenience.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 10:47:58 AM PST
Sal Paradise says:
I agree JJ. It's amazing how much people like to squabble over $5 or $10. When you are shelling out over $300 for the system and mem card and a game or two, is $10 more really breaking the bank? I too decided just to go through Amazon since it's usually quicker shipping than Toys R Us and it's tax free.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 11:54:19 AM PST
M. Ruiz says:
That's is exactly the idea...it adds up see like I stated before...you don't mind spending tour money like butter, while you waste $300 on it I waste $75...and with the money I save I buy all the games I want...you on the other hand still have to waste more. I live in California so with amazon til September i don't pay tax plus free shipping. So through amazon it would be exactly $10 unless I get release date delivery...on toys r us n most other websites its free shipping...i cant remember but i believe best buy has release date delivery as well

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 11:58:37 AM PST
M. Ruiz says:
He never said picking toys r us over amazon or Amazon over toys r us lol he is only talking about $10 not being worth it but like I tell u it adds up. If you save those same $10 in 5 games which we all know we will buy that makes it a savings of $50 which essentially is a free game. Lol I'll repeat myself, thinking the way u guys do is the reason why I'm paying $75 for my $350 bundle and you guys are paying full price =)...

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 1:43:09 PM PST
JJ350 says:
What are you talking about? Saving $5 isn't going to pay for anything anytime soon. I too think that way when it comes to video games, but I have my limits. My idea of saving cash on video games is getting a game used for a substantially lower price. When you're talking about nickel and dime savings like $5, who cares, you're only kidding yourself if you really think it matters.

I want to play the game when I get my Vita, and I am not about to pretend like saving five bucks will have any kind of impact on my budget. If $5 really effects your budget that heavily, chances are you shouldn't be purchasing a Vita in the first place.

/smileyface

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 1:55:58 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
Don't I say it adds up and when did I ever mention $5... I was talking about $10...I also never said it impacts my wallet...i just rather save. But just like I told the other guy everyone is entitled to there opinion. What is it to you if we try to save a penny, even if that was the case. You can't stand people complaining...then why complain yourself about those people. Your not doing any different.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 2:07:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 2:07:43 PM PST
JJ350 says:
Are you kidding? The difference between final sale price and an advertised list price seems to be a pretty simple concept to figure out for everyone besides you.

When it comes to purchasing anything through Toys R Us, you must include sales tax. In California, that means adding nearly 10% to the total. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, you're working with nickels and dimes when it comes to this so called "savings."

Personally, I think release date delivery is well worth the extra five or so dollars, but that is just me.

Now honestly, why are you so pushy when it comes to this so called "deal?" Are you working for Toys R Us or something? Is this how they're trying to advertise these days? Why is it that just before something like this releases, you always have someone trying to compete with Amazon by endorsing some offer from a different merchant while trying their hardest to act like it is somehow worth purchasing over Amazon's offer? The funny thing is, these so called deals usually charge you sales tax while providing vastly inferior shipping, this is no different.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:29:49 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
Its apparent you didn't understand my question in the first place. ill repeat myself why does Amazon seem to only price match walmart if you notice it drop down the price from $49.99 to $49.96 which is what walmart has it. But the week before toys r us had it for $39.99 and they didnt do anything. This has not only has happen to this product but others as well. It is obvious that you have to pay taxes everywhere else but amazon until september. You said it yourself thats you personally, to you want to play it day. To some of us we work, we don't have mommy and daddy paying for our stuff. personally $7.86 is good enough for me since I wont be able to play it on day one. But my main point on why I made this blog was to ask if you guys noticed the same thing, Amazon practically only price matching walmart. I don't care if you guys want to pay more or I pay less or I save nickels or pennies thats on me and thats on you. I for one prefer the $7 and change since i wont play it day one you rather pay extra for having it day 1.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 4:48:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 4:49:34 PM PST
JJ350 says:
Lol, what is with the self entitlement? When did I say I was having my parents paying for anything? I am purchasing everything myself, I just don't like to make a big deal about it because my finances aren't the kind of thing I like to advertise on the internet. I have a hard time believing you are making much money if you're this worried about $5. It sounds like you need to get a better job, because your resentment for your work seems to be all too obvious.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 8:16:15 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
Lol now because I love saving on anything for any amount, apparently I have no money LMAO....ur funny kid but believe whatever because I also don't like discussing my finances thru the net either...let me ask u a question so when u go grocery shopping what do you do just randomly throw stuff in ur basket,not checking the prices? while singing just throw it in the bag to yourself...

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:07:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 9:07:55 PM PST
JJ350 says:
I know how to manage money, so no, I keep a mental log of what I am most likely going to spend when I purchase groceries.

Like I said, I like saving money as much as the next guy, and I save money on video games all the time (one of the main reasons why I like ebay). Still, due to the circumstances, I am willing to make an exception this time. As I said before, I am already spending over $300 on my Vita alone, I am getting the first edition bundle since I value the included extras, would like to have the 3G, and want to play it ASAP. I am probably going to spend around $500 by the time I am done getting everything I want for my Vita (a large memory card and a few games add up quick), so $5 is very negligible to say the least when spending that kind of money on a new release console.

I just don't understand why you're so obsessed with saving $5 - $7 on this one game when you have to spend around $300 just to be able to play this game. It's not like the Vita has been out for a while and the savings are going to add up, when a system launches, if you want to buy it right away, everything is going to be full price no matter what you try to do to save money. There is being wise and thrifty and then there is being petty and stupid, caring about $5 in this situation would be the latter. While I like to save money, I am all too aware of the fact that the cheapest option is not always the wisest option. I am no bean counter.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:25:27 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
I understand where u r coming from but I got the same thing and quite a few other games...see that's why I choose amazon to buy my memory stick cuz I save $10 on tax...im also buying other games where I save $5 here $10 there...now do you understand why I say it adds up this is not the only stuff in buying...thats why I gave the grocery shopping as an example...since I'm getting other games thats also why I don't mind waiting for uncharted it gives me time to play the others...can I ask u something else were u tempted to get the $299 just cuz it came with a 8gb instead of a 4gb n u choose this one instead because you get it 1 week early? I'm jw because that happen to me lol

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 12:16:24 AM PST
Sal Paradise says:
I love the comparison of how because you bought a ton of games on Amazon with like the $20 credit or whatever you are now getting the Vita for $75, as if this is some kind of huge bargain hunting that you did.

Ruiz likes to make stupid comments about how a game is ridiculous for being priced at $50 and won't buy it or will just complain all day long as if he thinks Sony or Naughty Dog or whoever is listening and will think, "Hey, this Ruiz guy is on to something. He wants it for $40, and even if the game cost alot more than say Lumines to develop, he has a great point. Let's change the price to $40!"

The simple point of the argument is that if you are all in for paying this much for a system and memory card and a game, why are you so adamant about your $5 savings or that Uncharted is $10 more than the other games. I think that's the question we are wondering about and it has nothing to do with you looking for the deals and us just throwing our money away.

A company that makes high quality games like this should be applauded. Their games warrant a $50 price tag. Supporting them enables them to make more quality games. If everyone was afraid to get this game because it was $10 more , then more and more companies would lose faith and just make Angry Birds crap all day long.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:51:35 AM PST
M. Ruiz says:
It actually is because I guarantee you probably bought some of those games as well lol mw3, battlefield, uncharted, gears(but I got the system so I got $40 for that) and others...lol I never said $50 is over price on a game. I said stop being a hypocrite and whining yourself about other people because just like they are winning you are doing no different. If people want to save $5 or $7 why do you care simple as that. Even if that was the case lol why would I care what Sony or anyone else has to say if I got it for $39.99 from toys r us. I guess your an id** and miss the concept or question about the thread go up and read it again.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 12:31:20 PM PST
AlphaPapa says:
I think your just not getting the fact that if you buy from Toys R' US you have to pay tax and with Amazon you do not. So getting it at Toys R' US is still $46 and you have to drive there and pick it up, so add cost of gas and time. Getting it at Amazon is $51 with release date delivery. So your squabbling over a dollar or two and Amazon is definitely more convenient. Also if you use an Amazon credit card you get 3% back.

I don't know why you are talking about game credits and the fact that you have a bunch saved up or how that relates to the Toys R US deal? And why you wouldn't have already rolled the credits to the next game you bought? That's what I do so I always have a rolling $10 credit for the next game I buy and then I get 3% back.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 12:56:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 6, 2012 1:31:12 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
One before replying read the blog I stated I bought in there website...2. Learn your math... My total came out to $43.12 lol your practically saying they charge use around 15% in taxes and 3 since its online I don't waste my gas no where. I usually do rollover my credits but the reason I didn't roll over it to my didn't was because at the time of my first purchase when i knew the vita was coming out, I decided to save them for that and pay less for the vita. You save 3% on each games ok? What's your point i save a little more then 75% on the vita.( that's why I saved them)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 1:09:18 PM PST
AlphaPapa says:
Dude, I am seriously trying to read your posts but they are so poorly written it's a crap shoot. I don't know if you are copying and pasting from an online text translator or what.

1. I can't even begin to understand what that sentence is suppose to mean. Something about reading the Who blog? I haven't seen that TV show but I hear it's good and I had no idea their blog sold games.
2. My math is good. I'm adding taxes for my state... you know it varies by state.
3. Did the Toys R Us deal have free shipping? Was it release date arrival shipping? If so I must have missed that.

You didn't save anything on the Vita. You just have credits from paying the full price for games that the rest of us saved $10 off on.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 1:30:39 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
I'm writing from my phone so it's changes stuff randomly... The shipping was free and there was no release date delivery but if you would have read the post I did mention I have other games I purchased from here so there are no worries of getting it on release date. I am aware each state is different but around 15% lol what state has that outrageous tax rate. The only reason I mention you about saving on the vita because you claimed you save 3% on every game so I didn't see any point of you mentioning that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 7:05:24 PM PST
Sal Paradise says:
Don't waste your time AlphaPapa. Trying to understand what Ruiz is saying or how it correlates to anything else yet alone the topic will only give you a headache.

He thinks he's some great bargain hunter because he bought games at full price from Amazon and got the $10 or $20 back credit and is now using them all to get his Vita for $75. It's best to just let him post and move on to a new thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 8:03:37 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
Then why haven't you moved on to the next thread?

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 6:34:03 PM PST
M. Ruiz says:
what I dont understand is if you 3 guys want to play the game that bad and can't wait why don't you guys go to walmart or gamestop or even best buy on the mid night launch.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa94792c4)

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Feb 2, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - PlayStation Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - PlayStation Vita by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (234)