Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

What does the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition include?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2011 9:08:12 PM PDT
Anonymous says:
Other than the new price tag. :/

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 9:18:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2011 9:21:52 PM PDT
L. Kirven says:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game with unique disc art.
- One year of membership in Call of Duty Elite.
- "Founder status" on Elite with exclusive in-game emblem, player card, camouflage, clan XP boost and other exclusive benefits.
- SteelBook case.
- (for PS3 version buyers) PlayStation Network exclusive: "Animated Timeline Theme."
- (for 360 buyers) Xbox 360 exclusive: "Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox Live Outfit."
- Limited-edition "field journal" with more than 100 pages of "authentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries."

also the free year of Elite gets you all of the MW3 DLC for free earlier than non-elite members will get it

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 5:19:30 PM PDT
Daniel A. says:
When in doubt...google is your friend.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 7:42:09 AM PDT
Google is our friend. And our greatest enemy. Anyway, a $40 premium for a year of Elite? Guess so.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 7:47:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2011 7:48:09 AM PDT
L. Kirven says:
considering the "Hardened Edition" is usually $80 there are 2 ways to look at it

...you are getting the Elite subscription (normally $50) for $20 or
...you are getting the game and the rest of the package for $50 factoring in the normal Elite fee

either way you are saving $30 from buying them separately.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 3:57:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2011 3:57:48 PM PDT
N. Lorenson says:
I've been wondering if you only get to keep the DLC when your COD Elite subscription runs out? It better not be like PS+ where as soon as your term runs out the content goes away also :/

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:00:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2011 4:02:25 PM PDT
L. Kirven says:
It is already confirmed 100% that you keep the DLC you download no matter what. You aren't "renting" the content. You own it once you download it.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/faq.html

"Yes. Annual members will be able to keep their MW3 content if they choose not to continue their Call of Duty Elite membership."

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:59:34 PM PDT
Tango Mike says:
Now they spread out DLC so evenly over a year, at least two DLCs will come out after a year.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 5:39:03 PM PDT
L. Kirven says:
Call of Duty 2 - Released on October 25, 2005...Last DLC released on May 31, 2006 (XBLM release)
Call of Duty 3 - Released on November 7, 2006...Last DLC released on May 31, 2007 (XBLM release)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Released on November 5, 2007...Last (and only) DLC released on June 5, 2008 (PC release)
Call of Duty: World at War - Released on November 11, 2008...Last DLC released on September 18, 2009 (PC release)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Released on November 10, 2009...Last DLC released on July 7, 2010 (worldwide availability)
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Released on November 9, 2010...Last DLC released on August 23, 2010 (XBLM date...PC/PS3 expected around a month later)

They have never released DLC for a game after the 1 year time period.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 5:48:23 PM PDT
W. Levister says:
Good post Kirven! I highly doubt they will offer DLC after one year of the game being released do to the fact that the next installment comes out around that time.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011 8:15:35 PM PDT
N. Lorenson says:
Thanks for the reply! This being Activision, I figured they would screw us over.....but I guess not :O I'm for sure getting this now :)

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 4:10:49 PM PDT
I've already pre-ordered the MW3, How do I upgrade it to the Hardened addition?

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 4:28:35 PM PDT
L. Kirven says:
you have to order this version and cancel the other order.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 6:09:02 PM PDT
One should have elite membership for a year any ways cause they will most likely continue it to the next edition. It would be a waste of testing/development funds otherwise. Plus you get all the DLC any ways

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 7:19:06 AM PDT
they announced that there would be a total of 20 pieces of DLC released monthly over a 9 month period. I look at the elite subscription as saving $10 from buying seperately, plus getting the extra stuff that goes along with the hardened edition for free. Before the announcement (early July) they said the elite subscription service would be impossible to turn down by the hardcore COD fans and I scoffed. Turns out they were right.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 7:29:02 AM PDT
The Big V says:
20 pieces? I sense Avatar items and Wallpapers.

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 7:39:21 AM PDT
L. Kirven says:
The DLC will be map packs, Spec Ops missions, unannounced game modes, and more stuff they haven't announced yet

Posted on Sep 6, 2011 8:17:12 AM PDT
Jason Krol says:
Elite users will receive a new map via DLC every month - whereas the typical non premium elite user will experience what has always been the case - a 4 map pack DLC every quarter (or 4 months). So elite users are getting the typical DLC "early" spread out over the period that would normally be between DLC packs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2011 8:09:44 AM PDT
Leo says:
N. Lorenson, I'm with you on this one. I don't mind forking out the money to buy the harden edition with elite but they better not keep my DLC after my Elite Expires. Did you ever find out if this is going to happen??

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 8:58:33 AM PDT
Um Leo.. look a little higher up for the link. It's yours.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 4:19:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 10, 2011 6:38:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 1:35:40 PM PDT
Why do you waste time trolling on these boards? Maybe people wanted to discuss and share opinions, not just get a list of faqs. Why the rage? Does this discussion infringe on your rights to the pursuit of happiness?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 1:53:44 PM PDT
Baatar says:
The Elite subscription is usually 50 and the game is 60 so buying the hardened edition only saves you 10 dollars.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 5:41:05 AM PDT
Ang3r says:
That may be true, but $10 saved on this is $10 towards another game or product.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 7:19:55 PM PDT
R Lewis says:
Does anyone know if the elite service is going to be U.S. only or if they are going to have specific regional codes for the service. Because with me being stationed in Japan i have been screwed out of all of last years dlc because i was locked out from buying them on the marketplace. I dont want to invest 50 dollars in something that i cant even use if i buy this.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about