Customer Discussions > Kirby's Epic Yarn forum

What does this "Choking Hazard" mean?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2010 8:05:39 PM PDT
N. Soderberg says:
Is it possible we get a little kirby plush?

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 9:03:27 AM PDT
I WOULD say it just applies to Kirby since he SWALLOWS his food whole...but he doesn't actually inhale anything in this game so i can't make that joke. In all honesty, I have no idea. That would be awesome if it WAS a small Kirby Plush, buts it prolly just a mistake on the page.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 11:06:04 AM PDT
Shannon says:
It means that Nintendo doesn't wanna get sued when your kid chokes on the plastic wrap this game comes wrapped in. There probably won't be any extra items that come with the game. Plus, a lot of games sold on Amazon now have this warning.

After all, people'll sue you for anything nowadays... they're just covering their bases.

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 1:32:44 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 2:24:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2010 2:28:07 PM PDT
I just found it hilarious, considering the concept of the game :P

Some games I've noticed have had some sort of choking hazard. I forget what other game I saw it on recently. Maybe Amazon has auto-warnings for certain words, like "yarn".

But it would be totally awesome if a Yarn Kirby patch or heat seal was included.

EDIT: Ah, found it. It's Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I don't have my order yet, but I'm sure the only choking hazard there is the cartridge. But all Nintendo handheld games have little cartridges, yet not all have the choking hazard notification.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 7:29:20 AM PDT
It's a warning for my kid. If he keeps killing my character like he did in New Super Mario Brothers, I'm going to cram the wiimote down his throat.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 2:43:18 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
Maybe there's going to be something boxed in? If not, all I can think of is the plastic around the game case.

Posted on Oct 17, 2010 11:04:17 AM PDT
K. Wendt says:
I got it this morning and I think it just applies to the plastic wrap. BTW, it's a LOT of fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 5:51:49 AM PST
Sanders says:
"It's a LOT of fun"? What makes this plastic wrap so much better than the normal plastic wrap?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kirby's Epic Yarn forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions