Customer Discussions > Dream With Me forum

What are your favorite quotes about Jackie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 842 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2011 12:00:38 PM PDT
Ehkzu says:
I'm looking for one-liners mainly, that we can use in talking about her to people who don't know her yet.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 1:39:24 PM PDT
Ehkzu says:
here's one:

"What strikes me about [Jackie's voice] is that it's not too heavy. You sometimes hear young children, and they're trying too hard. With Jackie she just opens her mouth and out it comes."

--vocal coach Yvie Burnett

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/31/entertainment/la-et-jackie-evancho-20100831

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 2:56:09 PM PDT
Andrew says:
I like the statement someone on these forums made recently (not me):

"She will be using Grammy awards as doorstops by the time she is 15."

The language of it is simple, to the point, and (I believe) accurate. It paints a picture that many paragraphs of hyperbole probably would not communicate as well. Though Lord knows, I have tried...

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 5:39:44 PM PDT
After introducing Jackie by listing all her accomplishments to date David Foster said that when he got home that night he was going to beat his children.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 6:30:58 PM PDT
wstrohm says:
Michael Savage's comment at the beginning of his discussion on "child prodigies," here:
http://www.trn1.com/savage-child-prodigies

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 6:46:00 PM PDT
A couple of my favorites are these:

"Etta Cox, a jazz singer and instructor at the Creative and Performing Arts High School in Downtown Pittsburgh said: "Her voice just doesn't fit her body. I've never heard a voice like that in a 10-year-old, and I've been teaching voice for many years. The maturity of her voice is incredible for someone her age."

Christopher Hahn, General Director of the Pittsburgh Opera said Jackie's performance of "O mio babbino caro" was "Spellbinding." It's very unusual for a young child to have a voice that sounded so rich and developed.""I thought she was just lovely, sweetly compelling." "She is compelling," said Hahn. "It is quite unusual to hear a young girl with that level of warmth and roundness." Hahn called Jackie's performance of Pie Jesu strong, with seamless delivery. "Her phrasing was lovely, which she needed for that piece."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 7:42:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2011 7:43:43 PM PDT
Ronnie Bell says:
Choosing one's favorite Jackie quote is almost as hard as choosing your favorite Jackie song, but one that has always stood out for me, is what Howie Mandel said about Jackie giving him an "out of body experience."

That one simple comment really defines the Jackie Effect for me.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 7:46:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2011 2:54:37 PM PDT
Trick1 says:
My favorite is from Jackie herself.
With a Platinum in her pocket she said " I feel like I am almost there "
Thats inspiration!!
Thanks Andrew I will take the bow on that one..

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 6:34:04 AM PDT
dinoavanti says:
I loved her made-up word, "fantabuloso". When she said it she leaned back and giggled at herself for saying it. Fantabuloso! I just love this lil' kid.

Posted on Apr 3, 2011 2:50:12 PM PDT
Ehkzu says:
"This was a phony performance, this child was not singing. She was lip syncing, look carefully at her mouth, and her voice at 10 would never sound like that, no matter what!!! What a farce this show is!!!"

--a poster named Cheryl, on People.com, after Jackie's first appearance on AGT last August, singing "O mio babbino caro."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2011 7:33:55 PM PDT
Snoberg says:
Just a few memorables:

One from Jackie OMBC age 8 a capella ". . . its a really nice song its in Italian"

One from Ehkzu - might be a paraphrase:

"Susan Boyle is a singer, Jackie is Orpheus" This one really hit home, prior to Jackie I was a nearly immovable stone.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 6:15:54 AM PDT
another good D Foster quote from his website...

"I can say without a doubt that working with Jackie on Dream With Me was truly phenomenal. Her natural ability and the depth of her understanding of the musical process left me speechless. I think we have created a musical experience that will thrill audiences of every age. She was a pure joy to work with and I had a front row seat to one of the next great talents of our time," said David Foster.

NOW GO ORDER THIS CD NOW, NOW, NOW !!!!! DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.....

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 11:59:39 AM PDT
simnesan says:
The sound of Jackie Evancho's voice enters our ears, becomes pure beauty, sublime and leaves through our eyes as tears of joy.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 1:19:08 PM PDT
Chas says:
From October 15th, Hitman Returns:

"I'll tell you - honest to God - In all my years of doing music - which is 45 years - I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like this - and I am not kidding. She has the voice of an angel. I hope you're as excited as I am to witness firsthand the greatness of this beautiful child - Jackie Evancho."

Yes, I was.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 4:29:54 PM PDT
@CH
You nailed it. How many times has anyone said "the greatness of this beautiful child" when that child had earned it?

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 8:07:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 1, 2011 3:11:35 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 10:35:01 PM PDT
My favourite is from ME: "It's not over until the tiny girl sings..."

Also from me: "Jackie Evancho; a clear case of angelic possession."

Sincerely,

Manuel Miles, aka Kaptain Kanada

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 9:06:11 AM PDT
Haydon says:
Jerry Springer (AGT tour LA)

"When God made her, he was showing off."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2011 12:20:11 PM PDT
Ehkzu says:
Good one. Didn't know Springer had it in him. Inspired I'd say.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 1:29:18 PM PDT
Sylvester88 says:
" I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN ACT
ON THIS SHOW OR IN THE WORLD
WITH MORE POTENTIAL
THAN JACKIE EVANCHO "

-Piers Morgan,
Judge of America's Got Talent

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 6:22:52 AM PDT
B. Deng says:
"if I got to follow my dream then they deserve it to" --- Jackie Evancho, interview with Australia's "Sunrise" on Channel 7, sometime in November 2010.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 6:51:45 AM PDT
Trick1 says:
Unfair advantage music:
Suddenly, she transformed from a 9-year-old kid to a young person with a voice well beyond her years. The crowd of 300 or so sat stunned and mesmerized. We were in both awe and disbelief as Jackie showed a range singers twice her age rarely do.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 7:11:37 AM PDT
Ian S Lawton says:
The sound of Jackie Evancho's voice enters our ears, becomes pure beauty, sublime and leaves through our eyes as tears of joy.

Yes, this is the one I was going to suggest. You are a poet simnesan, and only poetry can come close to putting into words the magic that is Jacqueline Marie Evancho!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2011 7:14:04 AM PDT
Ian S Lawton says:
Kaptain Kanada....your two are brilliant also....in addition to my favorite from simnesan.

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 7:21:01 AM PDT
Ian S Lawton says:
I'd like to add:

Jackie Evancho - an angel of love.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dream With Me forum
Participants:  77
Total posts:  842
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dream With Me
Dream With Me by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (674)