What am I going to read now?? I read the 3 books and now I'm hungry for something as good as The Hunger Games books. I also liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you.
asked by Fesal on December 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-20 of 40 answers
A
I like Sarah's Key
pat answered on December 31, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really enjoyed The Hunger Games and The Girl with... too. I'd suggest Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles. The first book is called The Name of the Wind and the second is The Wise Man's Fear. The last book of the trilogy is due out this spring i think. These books really transported me into another world just like the Hunger Games did, and I didn't want to put them down. I was so happy that they are longer books because I didn't want them to end.
Sarah As You Wish answered on January 3, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had stumbled across Waypoint recently and highly enjoyed it. It's definitely tailored towards a more mature audience, but the action never quits and it has that same type of gritty feel to it. I'd check it out, if you're an older teen or if you'd read things like Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Waypoint (Waypoint series Book 1)
joe answered on January 8, 2012

A
After Hunger Games I didn't find another book I really loved until The Forever Girl. Except book 2 isn't out yet so now I've been trying to find something to read next. I'll include a link though in case you want to try it.

THE FOREVER GIRL (an Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance Novel of the Occult) (Forever Girl Series #1)
Jacqueline L. Chaput answered on March 16, 2012

A
Read Battle Royale. And then read the Uglies series.

Battle Royale

Uglies
John Green answered on March 21, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://www.scribd.com/doc/39732569/Farm-Life-Book-1

Complete and free on SCRIBD, by me!
Allen Rosenberg answered on March 22, 2012

A
I ended up reading The Maze Runner series and I really liked it, thanks tribute 1!! Now I'm starting Divergent, let's see....
Fesal answered on March 22, 2012

A
Battle Royale: The Novel! It has the same premise as The Hunger Games, but the execution is different.
Anesthesia Romanov answered on March 23, 2012

A
I second Uglies (The Uglies) and if you don't mind the YA aspect, there are 2 other great series. I'll list book one of each:
Mortal Engines (The Hungry City Chronicles)
Everlost (Lost Version)
and my 2 favorite ADULT Sci-Fi:
Altered Carbon: A Takeshi Kovacs Novel (Takeshi Kovacs Novels)
The Skinner (Spatterjay, Book 1)
and my favorite indie book:
Gideon's Fall: When You Don't Have a Prayer, Only a Miracle Will Do
Specklebang answered on March 23, 2012

A
I've read two "series" that are in a somewhat similar vein as Hunger Games. One is "Wool" which is in five parts (so far) and all 5 can be picked up in Wool Omnibus. I also liked the trilogy starting with "Poison Study", then "Magic Study" and finally "Fire Study".
R. Rasor answered on March 29, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›