Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1) forum

What are good romace books for teens?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2008 4:28:54 PM PST
A. Castle says:
I read all the time but I always go back to romance books, even the soft fuzzy ones. But are there any books you would reccomend?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 1:45:08 PM PDT
Audrey says:
This is a long time getting to replying to your post, but if you're still looking I do have some suggestions.
Fantasy:
Beauty by Robin McKinley
The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley (This and the one below are companion novels that can be read entirely out of order)
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
The Seer and the Sword; The Healer's Keep by Victoria Hanley (Companions that can be read out of order; there is also another companion novel called The Light of the Oracle but I did not like it at all and would not recommend it)

Classics:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
anything Jane Austen

Historical Fiction:
Boston Jane series by Jennifer L. Holm (Includes An Adventure, Wilderness Days, and The Claim; I did not like the end to the series but it was still good)
Becoming Mary Mehan by Jennifer Armstrong (Contains two novels; the second is the best)
The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery (One of my favorites)

Contemporary:
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman (Very funny and clean YA novel.)
The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristin D. Randle
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty
My Life and Death by Alexandra Canarsie by Susan Heyboar O'Keefe

Paranormal:
Dark Secrets series by Elizabeth Chandler; includes Legacy of Lies, No Time to Die, and Don't Tell (There are two others, one that is not worth reading and the other that is unavailable anywhere; can be read entirely out of order; each book is about a different character.)
Fingerprints series by Melinda Metz (7 books that should be read in order. Contains good characterization)
1-800-Where-R-You series by Meg Cabot (In order: When Lightning Strikes, Code Name Cassandra, Safe House, Sanctuary, and Missing You; not deep reading and the only thing of Meg Cabot's I like; the last book is kind of a cop-out)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 4:53:26 PM PDT
Mary says:
the Twilight series, they are sort of like the book of shadows, but with vampires and werewolves...they are sooo good!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1)
Book of Shadows (Sweep, No. 1) by Cate Tiernan (Mass Market Paperback - January 29, 2001)
4.4 out of 5 stars (158)