Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Sleeping Dogs - Xbox 360 forum

What happened to .99 release date delivery?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2012 10:28:23 AM PDT
I was ordering the game but I just couldn't find the option, did they stopped doing this or did I just missed something?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 8:50:05 AM PDT
Chris94 says:
Yes they stopped it. Only prime members get it. It now cost $7.99 for release day.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 12:39:19 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
Yeah Amazon wants you to buy their Prime services so they are taking away all the cool options from regular users. It's really sad to be honest.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 7:59:06 AM PDT
Boub33 says:
Yeh I went to pre-order it and I was looking for the .99 cent release date delivery but I couldn't find it than I found out that amazon has it only for prime member which is comeplete bulls**t they had it before because i always used to get it and what happened did they think that people are gonna buy prime now? Because im not ill just get it from walmart the day it comes out instead of paying for two day shipping

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:36:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 3:45:25 AM PDT
I do have Amazon Prime and my release day was Free. Many people don't know you can share your Amazon Prime membership with 4 other "family members". Meaning the $79 yearly cost can be slip up (actual cost between 5 people $15.80). The only downside to sharing an Amazon Prime account is only the Amazon Prime owner can watch Free Amazon Prime Videos.

I think the main reason Amazon.com doesn't have the $ .99 shipping is because of the States charging tax for Amazon.com orders. People are going to their local gaming stores to buy games because of the sales tax.

"Attention Amazon shoppers: According to CNNMoney, your online order might be getting pricer. At least eight states have asked Amazon to change sales tax on its orders. California and Pennsylvania sales tax will go into effect starting in September, while New Jersey and Virginia will begin in July and September 2013, respectively. Beyond 2013, Indiana, Nevada, and Tennessee will collect sales taxes beginning in January 2014, and South Carolina in January 2016.

These states will join the six who already charge sales tax on orders via Amazon: Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, Texas, and Washington state. But how much sales tax is charged depends on the state, and could affect customers' bottom lines. CNN Money estimates that in California, the cumulative effect could be as much as $9.75 on a $100 purchase; in Pennsylvania, it'll cost consumers an estimated $8. New Jersey's sales tax is currently 7%, or $7 on a $100 purchase"

http://dealnews.com/features/8-More-States-Added-to-Amazons-Sales-Tax-Roll.-Will-It-Tax-the-Online-Giant-/595932.html

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 10:39:06 AM PDT
Less options and now taxes? I guess nothing good lasts forever, oh well.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 7:06:02 PM PDT
Alex Miller says:
You only have taxes if your state requires it for online purchases... If they start taking away our release date delivery then there is no point in purchasing my games here... Amazon is losing its competitive touches lately...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 11:30:24 PM PDT
P.F. Hornsby says:
"I do have Amazon Prime and my release day was Free."
That's odd. I have Prime and I was showing $3.99 for release day shipping.

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 3:29:27 PM PDT
S. Isaacson says:
Weird. I did the trial for Prime and the release day shipping for me was $0.00. That is odd that they are charging you. Maybe check with an Amazon Customer Service?

It is sad that the release day shipping has moved to Prime. That was the main reason I would order from Amazon was the release day shipping and some pre-order bonuses, like the $10 or $20 back. I've been burned by retail stores and much prefer dealing with Amazon.

Well... I am considering Prime. The trial hasn't been too bad. I guess if you factor in Streaming with the other benefits, it seems worth it. Although it just seems like they are trying to cake on features to get people to sign up. I am still on the fence about it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 6:47:21 PM PDT
Krys says:
Same here. When I per-ordered Madden 2012 it wasn't showing free anymore. But a post on the madden discussion forum said that Amazon Prime gets it free. I talked to customer service. They ask to see the discussion forum where this was mentioned. Then they credited me the $3.99.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 1:05:07 PM PDT
W. Newberry says:
Guess I'll just wait till it's $10 cheaper then and order later. I can always play something else until then. If there was a .99 release date delivery I'd pre-order right now.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 2:44:05 PM PDT
Tommy Karate says:
Amazon Prime members get release day shipping for free. Amazon no longer shows an option for release day shipping when you go to select a shipping speed. If you are a Amazon Prime member select the free 2 day shipping option for release day delivery. This is directly from Amazon in the FAQs for RDD.

Release-Date Delivery is available for selected pre-order items we know we can deliver on the date the item releases for ZIP codes within the continental United States. Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7 p.m., so please allow sufficient time for the delivery.

Shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item and are displayed on the order confirmation page after you select Release-Date Delivery as your shipping option. If you're an Amazon Prime member, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day shipping.

To place a Release-Date Delivery order:

Place an eligible item in your shopping cart and click the Proceed to checkout button.
Select an eligible shipping address when prompted. More information is listed below in the Fine Print.
Select the applicable shipping option when prompted. The applicable shipping option may be called "Release-Date Delivery" or may appear as another option indicating "-- get it on its release day." (If neither of these show then either the item or the shipping address is not eligible for Release-Date Delivery.)
Verify your payment method and complete your order.

That should help clear up any confusion. I am a Prime member and have pre ordered many games with Amazon. When Amazon stopped offering .99 RDD to standard members they started to consider the free two day shipping as a release date delivery for Prime members. But i have been using free 2 day on my orders and i always get my games on release day. It shows as 2 day free shipping with a get it on release day beside it on my checkout screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 7:06:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2012 7:07:46 PM PDT
If you split the difference between 4 other family member you will only be paying $15.80 (for you and 4 family members). You will be able to see the Free Amazon Prime Video and get Free two day shipping, they will only get free two day shipping.

Invitees (for Amazon Prime)

If you sign up for a free trial or paid Prime membership, you may invite up to four eligible household members (living at the same address) to enjoy the shipping benefits of your free trial or paid Prime membership at no extra cost (invitees). Amazon Student and Amazon Mom members are not eligible to share their Prime benefits. (Please note that any member under age 18 may use the Amazon.com website only with involvement of a parent or guardian.)

If you purchase a Prime membership as a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account. An invitee's shipping benefits will automatically terminate if the purchaser of the membership ceases to be a member or removes the invitee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/prime-terms.html/ref=prm_mg_tnc?ie=UTF8&planID=B0007IJXTE
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sleeping Dogs - Xbox 360
Sleeping Dogs - Xbox 360 by Square Enix (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (300)