Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > The Departed forum

What is missing...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2007 7:11:53 PM PST
Ok, I saw this in the theatres and have to say this is some of his finest work. So far he's been snubbed the past five years when it came to Best Director. I thought "The Aviator" was more of an epic-biopic, and beautiful and engaging to watch. Now Million Dollar Baby was good, bur not Best Director worthy. So anyway, "The Departed", an excellent film, and really breaks away from Scorses's typical mob film. It's a REAL departure, no pun intended. I want it on Blu-Ray because, well I can do Blu-Ray. But I noticed that the TCM bio of Martin Scorses is missing from the Blu-Ray disk, yet it's on the regular DVD version. For the size capabilities of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, they did'nt include that feature, and it makes me scheptical about spending 15 dollars more for HD.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2007 2:23:16 AM PST
S. Mathews says:
It's actually only about $7 more than the normal widescreen edition so I would have to say that the picture and sound benefits of blu ray outweigh your concerns. I just received the blu ray version from amazon yesterday and it blew me away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 9:39:53 AM PST
Ben Kelley says:
FYI, Million Dollar Baby is directed by Clint Eastwood.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 11:01:32 AM PST
I never said it wasn't. I merely stated that this was better than Million Dollar Baby. The reference was that when "Millinion Dollar" and "The Aviator" were up for Best Picture, I thought "The Aviator was better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2008 11:05:02 AM PDT
FYI when I just bought this movie in blue-ray from amazon and noticed it was dubed when the women cursed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Departed forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2007
Latest post:  May 23, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions