Customer Discussions > Torment (Fallen, Book 2) forum

What is this book about?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2010 4:19:32 PM PDT
marisa says:
Anybody knows what is this book about?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010 8:02:19 PM PDT
Its a sequel to her first book Fallen which I highly recommend. Just looked Fallen by Lauren Kate up and that should give you the jest of it.

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 7:36:21 PM PDT
marisa says:

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 5:34:32 PM PDT
Fallen is a good book. Much to what i've been looking to read over the past few weeks. I was looking for something new and Lauren Kate certainly has peaked my interest. I definitely recommend this book as well, and i guarantee you won't be disappointed. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2010 5:01:29 PM PDT
do you know if they are making it a movie because i really love the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 11:41:37 PM PDT
sazbah says:
Disney have bought the options for the film... it doesn't necessarily mean there *will* be a movie, but it's a good sign :)

Lauren Kate says on her blog:

"In other news......the film rights to Fallen have been optioned by Disney! This all happened yesterday, it's still a developing story, but we are all very very excited! I usually get up pretty early in the morning, but this week, I happen to have ordered a fantastic new bed, which arrived on Wednesday night, which forced me to stay under the covers yesterday morning until the nearly obscene hour of eleven. When I finally crawled out of my cloud/mattress, I was greeted with about 30 emails from friends who'd already heard the good news: "Why didn't you tell me there was going to be a movie???""
(http://laurenkatebooks.net/born-in-time)

Fingers crossed it gets off the ground!

There are a couple of more links with news here:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61558
http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/will-disneys-fallen-angel.php

Actually, in EXCELLENT news, there is an entry on Mark Ciardi's entry on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0161891/), saying that FALLEN is in development--that's a VERY good sign :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2010 10:28:52 AM PDT
is it going to be cartoons? i really hope not!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2010 4:04:41 PM PDT
sazbah says:
I hope not, too!
I don't think it is.. Pirate of the Caribeen was Disney, and it was pretty excellent!
I think if anything they'd want to be capitalising on the success of adaptations like Twilight, so fingers crossed!

Posted on Apr 29, 2010 3:38:38 PM PDT
OH seriously???? a movie?
fallen wasn't that spectacular.....it felt kind of......well honestly it was a little painful to make myself finish it...it felt so wooden of a plot line, the characters were a little flat to me and the emotions she was trying to portray....a little grayscale in a technicolor world....
I hope her next book is a bit better, but for disney to hop on this like a starving dog.....well, it's a bit presumptuous...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2010 5:37:35 PM PDT
sazbah says:
I get what you mean... I do think perhaps it's kind of a reaction to the Twilight mega-success story; trying to replicate the success with a book with a lot of promise to be as popular in the same market?

I *did* enjoy the book, personally, but I entirely understand what you mean about the writing/plot/characterisation :)

Posted on May 25, 2010 2:08:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 25, 2010 2:09:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 22, 2010 11:03:26 AM PDT
Dena Rhokal says:
I agree, I think it's in reaction to Twilight success. The book was OK. But it didn't have the plot curve or character development that Twilight had. I think it has the potential for it, but it seemed like the first book was so drawn out in an attempt to create a series that it became flat. Also the POV was funky, I kept having to reread sentences because one minute it'd be from Luce's perspective then it would jump to a narrator. I honestly think the editor dropped the ball on this book because if it had been more thoroughly looked at it could have been much better. The mythology is sometimes the hardest to create in supernatural drama/ romances and she has it, but just not the plot skills.

All in all I look forward to reading the second book because I feel like it will unfold much better now that the first daunting book set down the foundation. If you're more about mythology than excellent writing you will still enjoy it.

Posted on Sep 11, 2010 3:59:18 PM PDT
Tru Twi-fan says:
I am almost finished the book and it's pretty good. I liked Twilight better cuz it moved faster but, I do like that I have to unravel what's going on. In twilight you didn't have to figure out anything it was all laid out for you. I am a sucker for the unrequited love story and its still a fast read- it does keep my interest. I hope the second one gives more details, but overall its a good read.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2010 4:01:06 PM PDT
Tru Twi-fan says:
You are totally right the POV was weird- I thought it was just me. 3rd to 1st and back again- I think that took away from the story sometimes.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:43:07 AM PDT
Torment is the second book in the Fallen series where Luce whines about Daniel not telling her anything and she finds a way to glimpse her past lives. And it is

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 6:27:26 AM PST
Torment is a sequel to Fallen. I like both books but Torment actually picked up more than the first book. And Luce has to go to a different boarding school to be safe from the outcasts. And things get tense between Luce and Daniel. I can't wait to see the movie! Finally a movie being made on angels instead of vampires.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 3:12:33 PM PDT
Hope Welsh says:
For those that still check in on this thread and haven't read the books yet....

I'd suggest holding off on making any judgements about the series until you read all four books. There are a ton of unanswered questions from the first two and even three in the series that are mostly explained when you finish book four.

If a few plot holes and unanswered questions really bother you, though--you may want to skip the series. Though, I'm an adult, not the intended audience, and I enjoyed the series.

It is in third person--and doesn't really jump to first--it just goes from what one is thinking to what the other is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Torment (Fallen)
Torment (Fallen) by Lauren Kate (Audio CD - September 28, 2010)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (482)