Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2010 8:39:19 AM PST
Amanuensis says:
Whenever we read anything we must sift the information through our minds. Unless we become critical thinkers, we will be easily swayed by the latest guru or religiou pundit. Be very careful what you believe to be true and for the record, truth is absolute. There are actually things that are not true, there are morals that are wrong, there are improper ethical decisions and conclusions. So WHO has the truth? You tell me! I know one thing: two opposing statements cannot be true at the same time! Either one is true or the other. Two moral views on a topic cannot be opposite and true at the same time. Telling the truth is opposite to telling a lie, so which construct is true? How do you arrive at the truth? This discussion thread will always present the Lord Jesus as the ONLY truth out there. He is the truth and what He taught is the truth. BUT I love to engage in discussions with those who have been turned off by easy believism and ignorant biblically illiterate Christians who have not wrestled with the issues. A true Christian will spend time reasoning with those who don't believe. Ultimately you can't come to faith with your mind, but your mind will and can get you to the point of faith. Tell me about it.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 12:37:41 PM PST
Steve says:
Hmm,what is truth?
Personally i like to see truth like a diamond..
Bear with me..
A diamond has different 'facets' & each of these facets represents a personal truth..
and altho each of these facets may look different,if you step back they all lead to the ultimate truth..
so..each of us has our own facet & just because it may look different to another..
on the whole it will lead that person to the ultimate truth..
so respect one anothers truth because on the whole we're all from the same diamond..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1 by Neale Donald Walsch (Hardcover - October 29, 1996)
4.0 out of 5 stars (2,469)