What is your favorite song?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2006 3:54:15 PM PDT
Eoin says:
"Vicarious".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2006 11:39:57 PM PDT
Adam says:
I really like Wings part 1 and 10,000 days(wings pt 2) It really has an emotional aspect to it that isn't matched by any tool songs in my book. I love the slow build of this song that leads to an unforgettable climax. Most of this song takes a minimalistic approach and its something that is very different for tool. Breathtaking. there are many original aspects to this song that just make it unique and epic. Definitely one of the best songs tool has ever done in my eyes

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2006 2:05:53 PM PDT
Eoin says:
I think that song's good, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2006 2:21:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2006 2:21:40 PM PDT
Jake says:
i've tried what all Tool-fans say and listened to album over and over again, but still.... i haven't really found a song that i can really get into... listening to this album over and over doesn't magically cause you to find something that you didnt hear the first 5 listens....

that being said: i'd said that Right In Two and Vicarious have redeemable qualities, other than that Jambi and The Pot are for the most part, good songs....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2006 8:14:54 PM PDT
- Neal says:
What an amazing album...
I'm currently repeating "Jambi"..
But it changes weekly! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2006 1:53:30 AM PDT
orderinchaos says:
Closest to a good song is definitely Wings for Marie Part 2 (10,000 Days). Jambi would probably be no.2.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2006 7:33:17 PM PDT
xH2Ox says:
Rosetta Stoned.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2006 2:14:53 PM PDT
Tim says:
as absolutely amazing as "Rosetta Stoned" is, i have to be honest and say that i think "Vicarious" is still the best song on the entire album.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2006 10:04:09 PM PDT
morgan says:
Rosetta Stoned is my favorite song by far off of 10,000 Days.In the beginning of the song, it is amazing how fast Maynard can talk. I love the distortion he uses on his voice (although it is not really distortion, it is the effect of the megaphone that he talks through, and the type microphone that he uses.) The drumming in "Rosetta Stoned" (and on every Tool song for that matter) is outstanding. Danny Carey is the master of playing in odd time signatures. The scream that Maynard does towards the end of the song is also amazing. All in all, this is the best song on the album in my opinion, with the second best being "The Pot"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2006 1:55:32 PM PST
No one likes Intension? Listen to the bass on that song, IT'S WICKED. And the song is wayyy rhythmic and spiritual.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2006 8:47:40 AM PST
E. E. ONEILL says:
Wings Part 2, definitely. I'd put it in the top 10 of best music ever, anywhere, by anyone.

But they're all great (excepting the "fillers"). Jambi and Rosetta Stoned come in at 2 and 3, for me. Vicarious and The Pot have been rather spoiled by overplay on local radio (but that will pass). Right In Two -- nicely... "earthy" I guess you could call it. Sure, Intension is beautiful too. Doesn't grab my guts like Wings 2, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2007 11:49:07 AM PST
S. Glennon says:
i have to agree with you - my fav song is Intension b/c it moves me emotionally and spiritually. i feel that this album is much more in line with A Perfect Circle, which i feel is one of the best musical groups to describe myself and the feelings i have experienced.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2007 1:10:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2007 1:13:21 AM PST
FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. Crank this song down and turn up the bass, that is if you have a crisp setup, i love this song; intension. they don't play this song live. why?!

Right in two is the best musical explosion i've ever heard in my entire life.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2007 9:55:46 AM PST
P. Cheema says:
Jambi
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  10,000 Days forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
10,000 Days
10,000 Days by Tool (Audio CD - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,120)