Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
asked by T. Vu on March 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Joseph Jones answered on March 13, 2011
Comment | 10 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
T. Campbell answered on June 29, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you can afford it nothing could be better than EF-S 17-55 2.8 for 7D. It covers a good range for Landscapes and Portraits.
Ans ofcourse because of 2.8 aperture size you get good bokeh while shooting portraits.

I have 50mm 1.8 too but believe me it is not good for landscapes. 1.6 crop factor makes it 50*1.6mm.
Rajul answered on June 25, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Merlin answered on November 24, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you prefer wide zooms, look for a ultra wide zoom to complement what you already have. Find one that fits your needs no matter who the manufacturer is. With two lenses you could have a whole range of focal lenghts covered from 10mm to 135mm. 10mm may seem impractical but remember that your smaller camera sensor has a multiplier effect that doesn't really give you that wide a range.
Jim Salih
Amazon Customer answered on March 21, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also have Canon 7D. I am into same dilemma since I also shoot landscapes. However, we all shoot other pictures and most of us like me are constrained by budget. I liked Joseph's response which is very logical- what do you need it for? I almost purchased 10-22 but realized that is it worth spending over $900 for that glass when your use of that is limited to landscapes. I have 18-200 which I love. I have shot landscapes, portraits and close ups (like macro) and am pretty satisfied with the results. I would like to ask the experts that if Canon 50mm 1.8 be used for landscapes?
Inder answered on May 9, 2011

A
It's a great lens. I've had mine for over a year and couldn't be happier!
San Antonio Longhorn answered on November 16, 2011

A
Tech Junkie answered on February 1, 2013

A
I would suggest the Canon 70-200 f4 usm IS lens. $1100
Family Man answered on February 8, 2013

A
For zoom, the 70-300 L series is fantastic. Every day lens the EF-S 17-55; for wide EF-S 10-22mm. For amazing bokeh and low light, 50mm 1.4. FWIW, I own all of these and feel my kit is just about complete. A cheaper version of the Canon EF-S 17-55 is the Tamron 17-50 2.8; I had one of these and the shots I took with it were very, very close to the Canon lens; the only reason I sold it was the autofocus isn't ultrasonic, so its fairly loud - if that isn't an issue for you, the Tamron is great value for money.
Edward V. Hawk answered on February 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product