What makes this version the "must buy/definitive" version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 23, 2012 5:04:54 PM PDT
Sammy says:
Why should I buy this game on the Wii U & NOT on the PS3/XBox 360? Are there any "exclusives" or bonuses to having the GamePad other than the "larger overhead map"? And does anyone know if the Wii U's Controller pad pro will have the same button type of control sticks? Thanks

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:33:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 10:34:12 PM PDT
D. Segovia says:
Better Graphics. The Wii-U's GPU has already been stated by developers as producing higher resolution pixels and better graphics.

So far only Ubisoft has taken advantage of this though, can't say the same for other ports ( like the Batman AC port)

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 10:49:52 PM PDT
pedrovay2003 says:
@Sammy

The Pro Controller will have the EXACT SAME buttons and sticks as the GamePad, minus the screen. It's an Xbox 360 controller with the fact buttons and right stick switched.

As far as which version to get, yeah, as been said already, Ubisoft has been taking more advantage of the Wii U's power than any other company so far.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 5:08:44 AM PDT
Sammy says:
thx to both of you!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 10:02:19 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 2:40:26 PM PDT
mjc0961 says:
One thing worth noting is that the PS3 version has a big sticker on the cover art claiming 4 exclusive missions.

Better graphics or more gameplay content? Unless the Wii U version really uses the controller screen well in addition to better graphics, I'd probably have to go with more gameplay.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:36:07 AM PST
Waldo says:
The Wii U version actually doesn't have better graphics, they are choppy as heck on this Wii U version. If ya don't believe it try hitting up IGN.com Or Gameinformer, or any other online video game website. they say all the same thing pretty much!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:13:16 AM PST
D. Blizzard says:
I actually have the game, the graphics are not worse. Where on IGN does it say the graphics are worse on the Wii U than the PS3 or 360? The game does have a number of glitches across all platforms. Online video can be choppy so that is a poor indicator of performance as the capturing hardware/software could have issues, as could the hosting site and destination computer.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 5:47:29 PM PST
The wii u graphics are better in my opinion. Had two tvs hooked up and checked. Plus being able to play on gamepad is a plus for me.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 7:07:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 1, 2013 7:07:56 PM PST
V. Fernandes says:
Guys, the graphics are the same, i checked, the huge difference is you get more for your money on wiiU. Off TV play, plus a choice of the map on gamepad, which makes for a cleaner picture on TV. You can still just play it as if it were xbox with the pro controller. So you get the best of both worlds on wiiU.

Plus no installationjs necessary, not sure on the ps3, as mine used to have installations on games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 1:29:55 AM PDT
No they're not. And no you didn't.

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:17:18 AM PDT
S. Price says:
> Off TV play, plus a choice of the map on gamepad, which makes for a cleaner picture on TV.

I heard they patched it where you can move the entire HUD to the gamepad and it makes it more "cinematic" (but I can't confirm that yet as I haven't purchased it yet).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2013 6:50:27 PM PST
WolfPup says:
If you have a Wii U and not the other consoles, get it. PC version of course looks/runs the best. PS3 version has extras. Wii U version runs worse, but does have the advantage of being able to play it just on the control pad (although with obvious compression artifacts).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 23, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III - Nintendo Wii U
Assassin's Creed III - Nintendo Wii U by UBI Soft (Nintendo Wii U)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (139)