Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V 10.2 MP CMOS 10x Wide-Angle Zoom Digital Camera with Optical Steady Shot Image Stabilization and 3.0 Inch LCD
Used & New from: $69.00
What memory card to buy for HX5V It looks like I am going to decide on the HX5V. Does anyone have recommendations regarding memory card? I know there are different levels of cards and would like to get it right.

Thanks!
asked by Jerry on September 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I read a recommendation for class 6 card if you are using the AVCHD video.

I got a Patriot SD card at Fry's 16 GB on sale for $30. So far so good.
Leif answered on September 23, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://www.amazon.com/Using-class-4-SDHC/forum/Fx3S0VKWFZ349SA/Tx1MPHTCWYL4RD1/1/ref=cm_cd_tp_ft_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00328HR76

After owning this machine for about 3 months, I have my question answered. I have tried class 4, 6 and 10 SDHC cards, and they all perform nicely without any problem, all the video (1080i) playback were smooth no matter they were recorded by class 4, 6 or 10.

Also, still very happy about my purchase, just came back from a family vacation over the summer, and this one device does it all, my camcorder is now collecting dust.
A. Hung answered on October 27, 2010

A
Does the HX5V come with a battery or does that need to be purchased separately?
Christopher Forte answered on November 22, 2010

A
Ref the Sony HX5V - I see you need to buy a memory card separately. Am a total beginner - how does one transfer the images to a CPU - is there a way of doing it using a USB connection ?

Thanks
Hauslohn
Nozama answered on June 1, 2011

A
You transfer images by removing memory card from your camera and inserting it into your computer's memory card reader. If your computer doesn't have one - you can buy a cheap USB memory card reader for a few $$$. Alternatively, if you have a WiFi network at home, you can buy one of the Eye-Fi memory cards (Amazon sells them too), then you can transfer images from camera to your computer wirelessly.
Randomness answered on June 4, 2011

A
Is the included battery re-chargeable?
MamaGrumpy answered on August 7, 2011

A
yes the battery is rechargeable.
Michael Kovac answered on October 26, 2011

A
I use San Disk Class class (10) SDCH I 16gb to record and take pictures, works well, no rebuff while recording in MP4 fomat. I also use San Disk Class (4) 8 GB SDHC when the 16 GB one is filled. The class 4 works well also, but I only record in MP4, never tried AVCHD format. If you have any more quest plz ask.
Thomas M. answered on October 27, 2011

A
Battery included; memory card must be purchased separately.
Gatorowl answered on May 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on May 15, 2011 7:51:23 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›