Customer Discussions > The 50th Law forum

What are peoples thoughts on the 50th law book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2009 7:58:19 AM PDT
lex Fryling says:
to me this book stands out and is very good it is insperational and can be picked up by any normal person

Posted on Nov 26, 2009 12:37:51 PM PST
Rowan Crow says:
Is it just me, or does the cover of this book look almost identical to Alister Crowleys book called "The Law" which as I understand it is about "willing" others to achieve what you want.

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 10:04:20 PM PDT
I thought the book was weakened by the 50 cent connection. Robert Greene had a lot of good ideas and his quotes are appropriate and inspirational. 50 cent was a drug dealer and is now a rapper. Could Greene have found some one from the 'hood who did well in school, was a Navy Seal, and is now a successful entrepreneur? That guy would be fearless and I bet there are many role models like this. 50 cent is a tired stereotype of the young, urban black man. The authoritative book on this subject still remains to be written.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 8:15:21 PM PDT
50 Cent created something out of nothing and is now worth 300 million no easy feat by anyone's standards. It is attributed to his ability to be fearless in all situations. I too believe that the book was somewhat bogged down by too many street stories, but 50 is is anything but a tired steroeotype. Who else has created so much wealth with so little education especially when you look at the rate of speed this was achieved at. He obviously knows something special.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 10:01:21 AM PDT
Savant11 says:
'I thought the book was weakened by the 50 cent connection.'

--I agree, the problem is that the 50 Cent stuff was so thin that it almost came across as an adoration piece by a devoted fan. I agree that 50 has done very well with himself, but it isn't enough to have a book devoted to him.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2013 5:03:57 AM PDT
Bluebird52 says:
50 cent is a successful entrepreneur. People who play into the respectability politics you uphold are the antithesis of fearlessness because they are worried about what society (and smug Amazon reviewers) think about them. It is unfortunate that your prejudices made you miss the entire point of the book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The 50th Law forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The 50th Law
The 50th Law by 50 Cent (Imitation Leather - September 8, 2009)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (273)