What is it pre-seasoned with I read on some site that the products are pre-seasoned with elctrostatic spray... but it wasn't clear what the electro-static spray was. Does anyone know? I want to switch to cast iron for the health benefits, and don't want more chemicals in my food.
asked by d on July 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I just received mine (Love it!!) There's a booklet and paper insert with directions from Lodge on how to take care of their product and what they season it with : " The cookware is showered with Kosher certified vegetable oil and baked at a high temperature to give it a coveted black patina."
yNYC answered on September 3, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you tube has a video that shows the lodge factory and how they do each step of the process.
Amazon Customer answered on July 14, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't know, but I'm curious also. Have you contacted Lodge about it? They should provide this information.
J. Cagle answered on August 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it's just a generic veggie oil. If you're concerned, take a piece of steel wool to it, scrape the top coat off, and reseason it yourself :)
Thomas answered on December 28, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Good question. Even if it says it's been seasoned at the factory I'll still wash it (water and a brush only) dry it out and coat with oil and pop it in the oven.
Robert Ames answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›