What programs are included?
asked by Karen L. Sandberg on February 11, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
The basic programs are included about the same as previous versions of windows. Windows 7 is an operating system and shouldn't be confused with software such as Corel.
B. Ducote answered on February 12, 2013

A
votes
This is only the operating system. You get a couple games, system utilities for backinp up your files, maintenance of your system, setting up your network, printers and other devices. This is not MS Office which contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., depending on what version you purchase. Hope this helps.
Vicki answered on February 12, 2013

A
votes
Basic applications like word pad which you can save as documents, media center which can basically recode some movie files to be playable in some machines like blu ray players and music to mp3, with your choice of compression, these are only the ones that are really useful that I sometimes use.
Vlad Pitt answered on February 17, 2013

A
votes
To be honest with you, I paid an additional fee to have W7 Pro installed on my last computer and found I had no use for any of its programs. I ran a small research business out of my home and concluded the programs were rather difficult to use and there was absolutely no tech help. Since that time I changed computers and installed Corel X6 which has similar business software but is easier to use, particularly the letter-writing software, you can write a letter and when you want to print the envelope Corel automatically remembers the address and puts it on the envelope or label. Another real bonus to Corel X6 is the ability to put 7-number postal bar codes on all my mail which W7Pro does not have and most bar code software is very expensive. I would suggest you look into Corel products - it's a step above W7 Pro.
Richard Franks answered on February 12, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›