What to read after Fifty (50) Shades of Grey

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 106 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 27, 2012 12:29:03 PM PDT
Let's talk about EROTICA!!

If you enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey, or even if you did not - what should you read next?

Come recommend what your fellow readers should be reading next!

https://www.facebook.com/WhatToReadAfter50ShadesOfGrey

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:37:56 AM PDT
M. Kesler says:
JR ward, black dagger brotherhood, the best by far

Posted on May 4, 2012 3:06:47 PM PDT
Ace says:
One of the reviewers mentioned Ann Rice's Sleeping Beauty trilogy...Just fair warning that trilogy, although well written and interesting, makes Fifty Shades look like aunt Nellie's bedtime story. It is wickedly explicit. Another series I would recommend would be Beatrice Small's Pleasure series. Also the One Night Stand Series from Decadent Publishing, (various Authors).

Posted on May 6, 2012 4:24:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 4:55:04 PM PDT
C. Wilson says:
Bared to you - Sylvia Day <--- very similar
Dangerous Passion - Lisa Marie Rice
Generational Sins - Samantha Blair
Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire
Strangers - Barbara Elsborg
Black Ice - Anne Stuart
Behind Closed Doors - Shannon McKenna
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour #1) - Olivia Cunning
Knight - Kristen Ashley
Staking his claim - Lynda Chance
Now You See Her - Linda Howard
All the Queen's Men - Linda Howard
The Possession - Jaid Black

Posted on May 7, 2012 6:07:25 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 7, 2012 6:08:48 AM PDT]

Posted on May 7, 2012 7:37:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 8:40:42 AM PDT
Pamelia A. says:
I second the recommendations for "Bared to You" by Sylvia Day and "Knight" by Kristen Ashley (both are contemp romances, heavy on the erotica although light on the BDSM).
I would also recommend Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands books -- BDSM club/erotica/romance with some suspense/action in several of the books. She also is writing a very good shifter paranormal series which starts with "Hour of the Lion" -- but these are less on the erotica side (although they don't disappoint there either!)
If you want some really well written epic fantasy with BDSM woven in try the Kushiel books by Jacqueline Carey -- start with "Kushiel's Dart" -- really great books!
For those of you who don't mid some really dark and disturbing stuff and can handle an intense read try "Heat" by R.Lee Smith -- a sci-fi/horror/erotica/romance that is beyond great, but not for the faint of heart.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 9:51:41 AM PDT
I agree. The BDB is by far the best series out there. I love love love J. R. Wards sexy, hot, tragic 'brothers'. Yum.

Posted on May 7, 2012 2:32:13 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 7, 2012 3:00:27 PM PDT
I've read the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice and it is disgusting. Now I LIKE erotica/romantica but those series are something else entirely. More about torture, degradation and sexual frustration. Yuck.

The Kindred Bride series is really good as far as Erotica goes but you'd have to like paranormal "romance" to like them.

The BDB is WONDERFUL. Always been one of my favorites but though it is sexually explicit (and super hot) there isn't nearly as much of it as there is in Fifty.

Bared to you and Beautiful Disaster are highly recommended and are on my Kindle but I haven't gotten to them quite yet.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:15:24 PM PDT
Pamelia A. says:
Publishers determine whether or not books can be lent out. Some of them say a big fat "No" which really sucks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 4:35:04 PM PDT
Thank you for your reply. It's a bummer. I wish there was a way to know which kindle books have "no lending" restrictions on them.

Posted on May 7, 2012 4:40:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 5:20:05 PM PDT
Pamelia A. says:
Kristin, are you talking about the Kindred books by Evangeline Anderson? Those were really fun I thought!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 6:56:44 PM PDT
Pamelia- I really enjoyed the Kindred books. I'm excited for the next one :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 11:00:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 11:00:54 PM PDT
Master and Slave: A Covert Love StoryTry 'Master and Slave: A Covert Love Story'. It's erotic enough, and sexy enough, but the guy has an absolutely new twist on the whole genre. He writes a Cinderella story, almost a fairy tale (although the Master is a lot tougher than any fairy godmother you'll meet.) Really unusual feel to the story.

Posted on May 9, 2012 4:41:11 PM PDT
M. Silvia says:
1. Bare to You by Sylvia Day (almost exactly like FSOG)
2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (not at all like FSOG but has an alpha male hero who the innocent girl tames. The male MC is not at all like FSOG and the girl is not at all like FSOG, but the similarity is that they seem like complete opposites. )
3. Hearts of Darkness (short novella with an alpha male with tough exterior but vulnerable interior. Takes place mostly in the dark and in an elevator.)
4. Saving You Saving Me by Kailin Gow (YA-Mature and New Adult love story about an alpha male hero tormented by his past and saved by the love of an innocent girl. Twist is she's the one needing saving. Love this YA book especially for the call center characters. Since it's YA, and there is a hint of a love triangle, Twilight fans will enjoy SYSM.)

Posted on May 20, 2012 9:30:15 PM PDT
nsrlf says:
I forced myself to finish all three books, skimming rapidly through the repeat and never ending teenaged sex scenes. Writing score barely a D. Plot maybe a C-. Sorry to have spent the money just to have the happily ever after ending

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:08:40 PM PDT
Wonderful series!

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:08:38 PM PDT
Anything by Emma Holly. She is an excellent writer, and her erotica sizzles. But I have to say, Linda Howard is excellent and I buy everything she publishes, but she does not write erotica. M. Silvia, who wrote the Hearts of Darkness you mention?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 8:57:48 AM PDT
J.Loves2Read says:
I have read this series.. I was very pleased by it.. but am looking for something a little more comparable to "50 Shades of Grey" if ya know what I mean :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012 8:58:50 AM PDT
J.Loves2Read says:
Thank you! I am going to check into these Series you mention :)

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 10:58:15 AM PDT
Paul Cooper says:
'Branche Olive: Fleur de Lis' by Tracy Leung. A new book by a new author .... the first book of a trilogy. Well worth looking at.
http://tinyurl.com/branche-olive-review

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 8:25:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 8, 2013 6:55:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012 8:46:07 PM PDT
Angel54 says:
The books were basically all the same with different names to the charactors. Big schlongs, big thighs and psychcotic men

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 4:41:57 AM PDT
J. Larson says:
My friend tried to lend them to me and how we got around it was my friend trusts me and knew I wouldn't go buying random stuff so she gave me her id and password and I entered them in my kindle app. If you trust the person you want to lend them to then you can do it that way.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 11:10:24 AM PDT
Here are a few rec's:
Bared to You by Sylvia Day (awesome)
Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Always Been Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
Making You Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst
Staking His Claim by Lynda Chance
Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  75
Total posts:  106
Initial post:  Apr 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 41 customers

Search Customer Discussions