Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Syndicate - Playstation 3 forum

What type of game is this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2012 12:25:39 AM PST
It looks really awesome, however it also resembles Deus Ex a lot. I didn't like Deux Ex much (I liked it, but I wish the gameplay was a little more enjoyable.) Is this game going to be INSANELY story driven? Don't get me wrong I love a great story (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo: all those series') but not one without great gameplay to accompany it. Should I look elsewhere?

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 1:03:35 AM PST
Ted Riggs says:
I've played the co-op demo and it's a first-person shooter. So, regardless of how strong (or weak) the story is, there will be a ton of action. I thought it looked like Deus Ex from trailers, but it's nothing like it. Deus Ex is more RPG than FPS.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 1:48:50 PM PST
R. Smith says:
I just played the co-op demo as well. It's extremely fun! I haven't really been able to get into an FPS since Perfect Dark on the N64, but this looks like it might be what I've been waiting for. :D

I just hope there is some better character creation (ie, customizing your character looks like, instead of just picking a premade character).

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:28:02 PM PST
Brad says:
at its core, it's really just an Animal Crossing clone.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 2:42:22 AM PST
Thanks for all the responses, my last question is should I get it for my PC, Xbox, or PS3. Usually I get single player games for PS3, games that have high settings on PC on my PC (Alienware), and multiplayer on my xbox. Which is this best for?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2012 8:49:39 AM PST
Ted Riggs says:
If all your friends are on 360, then get it for that so you can co-op with them.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 10:33:57 AM PST
J. Crist says:
@ R. Smith I don't think there will be any appearance customization at all.

@ Brad ... What?

@ PS3XBOXPC Ted is right, it is all shooter action, and not like Deus Ex (except that you can Aim down the sights and shoot guns in the future). This looks to have much better shooter controls with a slide move, and even different melee attacks from slide moves. (can't confirm, as I wasn't able to do any melee in the demo... never figured out how, but they were in the trailers and stuff and it all looks like non-scripted gameplay)

Anyway, I for one would be getting this game primarily for the single player (so Ps3), but if you plan to really delve into the Co-op then I would consider this a multiplayer game for you (so Xbox). Also, considering the general trend for higher quality multiplats on Xbox, it is generally the safer bet. It does look kinda purty though, so you might want to consider it for the PC...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 5:23:51 PM PST
Ted Riggs says:
Melee works with R3, but only if an enemy is right in front of you. It's not a quick slash like you'd find in most FPS. It's a more 'personal', animated sequence, similar to Killzone 3.

Also, I've seen a lot of 360 versus PS3 screencap comparisons and have yet to see a multi-plat that looks better on the 360 than the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 8:56:56 AM PST
R. Pummill says:
I'm no Xbox fanboy (only own a ps3 myself), but I'm pretty sure most games (not all) look better on the Xbox. It's usually the main platform for the dev teams, then they port it over to the PS3 and PC afterward.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 4:20:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2012 4:20:38 PM PST
Brad says:
@ J Crist
are you implying there's no multiplayer on PS3? Or do you just prefer multiplayer on x-box?

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 4:25:22 PM PST
moogle11 says:
Waiting on single player campaign reviews...

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:41:21 AM PST
paper tiger says:
I had this game pre-ordered for the longest time, however after the Multiplayer demo I lost my excitement for this game and canceled. While it looks good, I am getting a little bored with FPS lately. I enjoy more open world 3rd person adventer type games like L.A. Noire, Uncharted, Castlevania, or Batman: Arkham City.

I also am holding off until I hear some positive single player reviews. I am tired of paying $60 for a game I do not enjoy.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 2:05:39 PM PST
Grimes says:
R. Pummill spoke the truth (kinda) in his post. Most developers DO design a game for the Xbox and then port if over. As such, in most cases it looks "better". Thing is, "better" in this case is usually not discernible to the average person.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 3:32:33 PM PST
Unit543 says:
got that right

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 8:37:39 PM PST
Jason says:
It depends on what the developer tends to focus on. Western developers focus on the 360 and have the ps3 as a second thought. that said, japanese developers focus on the ps3 then port to the 360. This games a western made game so go for the 360 version. The PS3 will have better lighting effects then the 360, but usually will have frame rate issues as well and for an action game that can get annoying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Syndicate - Playstation 3
Syndicate - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars (70)