What does the "worldwide basemap with relief" contain?
asked by Donald McNaughton on April 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
The worlwide base map is a simplified version of the whole world map that only shows major cities and country borders meaning that if you need a more detailed map you have to buy it (or download from the web if available). " With relieve" means that the map in addition to the major cities and countries borders, also show the topografy of the terrain.
Luca Tommasino answered on April 3, 2013

A
votes
The basic map inbstalled in the eTrex has minimal information. I purchased a package deal that included the topo and roads map which made the unit exceptionally useful.
Cheryl Berry answered on April 2, 2013

A
votes
Basic landmarks only. You can still geocache with it, but it will be useless for detailed navigation. Buy your regions 24k topo map, and it will be the most convenient tool you have ever owned.
DOCSpanky answered on April 2, 2013

A
votes
The basemap is in color and that gives you an idea of topography, but there are no topographic lines. There are major roads, rivers and towns.
Cheryl Berry answered on April 3, 2013

A
votes
When purchasing my eTrex I had to add for another $100.00 the micro chip of all the roads in the USA. The Unit without it is just like a computer without software to use it.
Russell Jones answered on April 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›