Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

What would u like to see me do in terms of sneak peeks for the book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2009 1:19:35 PM PDT
Let me know in here

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:21:53 PM PDT
Keep it simple, read a section on a video, maybe do some drawing of charts if it's anything complicated.

You know what all the most interesting parts are, right?

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:22:15 PM PDT
Get a famous audiobook podcaster like Scott Sigler to read the first chapter of your book and make it sound awesome. (

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 1:22:50 PM PDT
Let us download a chapter in pdf format..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 1:23:51 PM PDT
culture free says:
PDF chapter for sure

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:24:25 PM PDT
Give a preview of the table of content and maybe a short select chapter. Just KISS - Keeping It Simple...

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:24:29 PM PDT
Mike says:
Have your Dad read his fave selections...not Favre, but Fave! Go MISHA!

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:25:08 PM PDT
Viddler IT says:
Release every odd page of the book in PDF format beforehand. Okay, stupid idea, but that's all I got!

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:25:30 PM PDT
How about you read one page every Friday? Instead of the laid back Friday have like laid back Friday readings? Would love to see that and think that it would get everyone excited and perhaps draw in people who have said that they won't buy it.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:26:21 PM PDT
Ben Bodien says:
Release a sample chapter as a PDF - I always like to get a preview of the quality of writing, and the level of detail of topic coverage. I often spot books on other people's shelves or book store shelves and flick through to judge this, before I go to buy one.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:26:33 PM PDT
I like the audio book idea myself...

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:26:42 PM PDT

Index it in Google Books.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:26:58 PM PDT
Podcast at least the first chapter, if not the whole book and put up an e-book copy for free. And do the reading of the book yourself.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:27:56 PM PDT
Mark Lovett says:
Tweet excerpts, powerful one liners that will make a difference in life
Top five highlights of the book in short video clips, 30 seconds or less
"Have you ever wanted to..." examples of things people want to accomplish, but feel it's impossible

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:29:01 PM PDT
Alan Henry says:
Hah - there are some good suggestions here - PDF table of contents, a PDF chapter or section here or there; maybe even an occasional video about something you hit on in your book would be great. :)

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:29:53 PM PDT
Have a case study. Take someone who needs to market, make it happen, whatever. Give 'em some info from the book and see what happens.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 1:30:06 PM PDT
W says:
..maybe use some book content to help a willing candidate who seems to have a business that could benefit..who seems likely to be able to follow through.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:30:31 PM PDT
I like the PDF chapter idea, how about pick a random vayniac poster, or someone who comments right here, and send them a free autographed copy (preferably early if it's possible)

The allure of free stuff always gets the content pumping buddy!

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:30:38 PM PDT
Doyle Albee says:
Build a blog, with entries being short excerpts from the book. That way, the community can discuss them, add their own ideas, etc.

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:31:00 PM PDT
E. Campo Cid says:
You could read the title and a short resume of each chapter and then recreate it with a real-life entrepreneur form around the world and publish a max 5 minute video of the experience. One chapter, one entrepeneur/company, one country. Thant would be very nice and engaging! :) Can´t wait to read it!

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:31:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2009 1:32:01 PM PDT
A. Covati says:
I think you should talk about a few points from your book and showcase someone who you think exemplifies that principle, mentality, trait, etc.

Reading the book is nice, but I'm going to do that on my own. What I'd love is to hear the extra insights and examples that you couldn't cram in there. It's the experience, discussion, and thinking behind the pages that we can't get just from reading the book.

@covati on twitter

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:31:15 PM PDT
J. Fowler says:
I completely agree on the pdf chapter, but not like the first 5 pages of the book like Amazon does. Or even if you don't want to do that, maybe do some Ustream or video readings of different sections in the weeks leading up to it? Maybe send some advance copies out on twitter??

Posted on Jun 7, 2009 1:32:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2009 1:33:37 PM PDT
A. Bellamy says:
I agree with the idea of reading a portion aloud. I'd love a full audiobook to buy on iTunes. It's one thing to read a book by yourself, but even better when you can hear the author's inflections.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 1:34:25 PM PDT
Here are some ideas:
1. Give some copies of the book or maybe just a chapter to a couple people that follow you or that pre-purchased the book. Have them read it and ask them to make a video of what they thought. From there you can post it on your site so that people can see some real user thoughts on the book.
2. You can maybe read a chapter live on ustream and call it "CRUSH IT time with Gary."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 1:35:25 PM PDT
spacekitties says:
I like how in computer programming we have beta books. We can buy a digital version of the book and get updates every so often. See and
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  74
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk (Hardcover - October 13, 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (782)