Customer Discussions > God of War III - Playstation 3 forum

What would you change in God Of War III?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2011 3:16:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2011 3:19:33 PM PDT
I don't know about anyone else but a lot of things in GOW 3 really bothered me. I like all of the games but the 3rd didn't have any cool puzzles like the first 2 did. And the boss battles were a bit weak. The opening with Poseidon was awesome, Hades was cool, and so was Hercules, but the rest were boring. I mean how easy was the battle with Helios and Hermies? But what bothered me the most was that Kratos said very little in this game. Remember the bass ass ending in God of War II when Kratos says " If all of Olympus will deny me my vengence, then all of Olympus will DIE!!" Kratos didn't have any bad ass lines in this game.... What if anything did you not like in God of War III?

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 5:25:13 PM PDT
Retrobat says:
I just finished the game, and I definitely agree with a lot of your statements. While a spectacular game, God of War III fell short compared to the previous two games. Some of the bosses were a bit weak (the final battle against Zeus did not feel as epic as it should have). The puzzle elements were lacking. And most of all, the story became somewhat convoluted. I became confused with a lot of the plot elements, and it even reached a point where I felt the developers placed certain things just to keep the story going. I was also disappointed with the ending. It was very anticlimactic. The whole series was building up to this one final note, and it was very flat. I thought Athena would turn out to be some other entity, or that more would be explained about the aftermath of the fall of Olympus, or why Kratos did what he chose to do at the end. The third game definitely didn't have that amazing feeling that God of War II had, especially with Kratos' character becoming more apparent. However, I did enjoy his (short) relationship with Pandora, the way the two bonded, and how he acted as sort of a paternal figure.

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 9:18:28 PM PDT
To answer your question, I would've changed the last weapon you get. I can't think of the name, but I thought it was worthless compared to the other ones.

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 9:52:51 PM PDT
Cwbys21 says:
I would change the ending, because it is a giant WTF. Spoilers

I mean, Zeus coming back as a spirit like Athena? Athena says she came back because she sacrificed herself to save Zeus, why did Zeus then come back? And if he could come back, why can't the other Gods/Titans? And then Kratos killing himself, yeah, okay, and then the cliff hanger of the bloody trail going over the edge? I thought this was supposed to be the end?

End Spoilers
Other than that I thought all the boss battles were pretty epic and the one real puzzle in the game was well thought out. It didn't stump me like the temple in the first god of war did, but it came close. And Kratos seemed a bit more one dimensional in god of war 3 than the others, he was RAGE the entire time except for a few lines with Pandora while in the other games, especially first, the had a wider range of emotions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 28, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (836)