Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Firefly: The Complete Series forum

What is wrong with this release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2009 12:36:57 PM PST
"Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

I just got this from the Gold box for $35. I wasn't planning on rewatching the show anytime soon, but this little message on the product page set off alarm bells and I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I know it's the same product because I see "Instant Order Update for Gene. You purchased this item on November 20, 2009."

I just watched all the episodes on the first disc and I don't see anything wrong. The picture quality is great, even though a lot of effects shots stick out more and the battlefield scene in the pilot was very grainy, but I know it's that way because the lighting was very dark and that's how film tends to turn out when you shoot in dim lighting (there are ways around this, but I'm no DP and apparently neither is whoever did that scene).

A flood of nostalgia and warm fuzzies filled me to the brim, nearing the edges as I watched. But what the hell is wrong with this set?! The only notable flaw I could find so far is that after the last episode on disc 1 would start over when it would finish instead of going to the main menu. It's really not a big deal.

There's a similar thread at blu-ray.com and one person said the case arrived looking like it was run over and another person said something similar occured with another set with discs becoming loose during shipping but are undamaged despite.

I don't exactly have the ideal test bench system to find out, since I only have bundled software Cyberlink PowerDVD and my TV is only 1080i. Did you know 1080i is vertically interlaced instead of horizontally like standard def TVs? Anyway, run off, my children, and return to me with answers!

Posted on Dec 3, 2009 9:33:35 AM PST
Looks like it was just a crate of them that got smooshed or something like that. I watched the entire amazing thing and there's no problems outside of the limitations of what they put into this release.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 5:33:03 AM PST
MJC says:
Thanks. I've been watching this thread to see what the problem was. I emailed Amazon, and their response was less than informative.

Thanks again. This was very helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Firefly: The Complete Series
Firefly: The Complete Series by Nathan Fillion (DVD - 2014)
4.8 out of 5 stars (11,319)