Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

What do you do with a digital copy of the movie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2012 6:07:52 PM PDT
can you save it permanently on your computer or does it have a limited viewing life?
howz it work?

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 9:52:45 PM PDT
duke4711 says:
With most digital copies, you can only download it for a limited time, like a year or so after the initial release. Once you do, however, it should be good indefinitely. Personally, I find the DVDs and digital copies that they include with most new releases nowadays to be utterly useless, but to each his own.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 12:02:14 AM PDT
JMM says:
The digital copy is compatible with iTunes or Windows Media. You will insert the Digital Copy disc into your PC/Mac, and then use your unique code (which you can find on a paper insert inside the blu-ray case) to activate your digital copy.

As Jon stated above, there is usually a limited amount of time in which you can activate your digital copy. But once you redeem it, you have it forever.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 5:13:39 PM PDT
F. Hamel says:
Unless it's an Ultraviolet. Then it is only good for a few years after redemption and you stream the movie instead of downloading it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 6:09:21 PM PDT
JMM says:
Correct, but in the case of "War Horse" it is not an UltraViolet. I'm glad Disney has retained the old digital copy format which works with iTunes.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:30:10 AM PDT
i burn them... jk

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 9:35:00 AM PDT
Troysayshi says:
Hallelujah to that.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about