What dou you expect from Most Wanted

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2012 8:25:38 PM PDT
Raiden says:
I wonder who's esxcited about NFSMW and what do you want to see in this new instalment

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 3:55:50 PM PDT
Bart says:
The street racing feel of Most Wanted for PS2 and deep customization.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:12:49 AM PDT
YO says:
I just hope i can roam and have fun as heck like mw on ps2... I remember just getting on doing a hour chase getting away and feeling like a champ lmfao, I hope it will be like that and I hope the customization are sweet man. If its anything like that piece of crap carbon Ill never get another nfs...

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 12:16:32 PM PDT
Split Screen please!

I know its hard to keep the same graphics after changing the aspect radio and all those excuses developers use to come out with, but it will be cool teaming up to evade the cops with the GF

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:19:46 PM PDT
Real217 says:
-Split Screen (this is like a no brainer, cmon)
-Full Customization (body, drivetrain..the works)
-Free Roam
-More Draft and Sprint Races
-Less Time Trial Races
-Skippable cut scenes if any
-Damage setting ON and OFF (that way, anybody can choose how they want to play)
-Detailed HUD with granular settings (you can set what you want to see, and what you dont want to see on the screen)
-SPEED...

Thats how you make a classic racer a la Most Wanted PS2.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:12:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 1:15:54 PM PDT
Arturo Nuno says:
Favorite thing from the other MW was tollbooth races and the ones that were from point A-B then B-A. Also the story and actors (while corny) were another thing I hope they reproduce and improve on. I still play the first one every now and then, and it's probably the only NFS game that I like to date. It got me into racing games actually, I thought they were way too boring 'til NFSMW. Why does it have the same name as the other one though?

Oh right, the black list. That's another thing that kept me playing and I hope they bring it back! :)

Needs a good soundtrack too. The last one was awesome.

I can also see them getting rid of split screen since every EA game now forces people to put in a key from the game manual to play online. Just feels like something they'd do to get more money since the key is tied to, and only usable by one account...

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 2:10:01 PM PDT
diesel says:
the black list is back

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 8:51:26 AM PDT
theinterwebs says:
not really excited, the last few titles of NFS have been mediocre at best. I want to see a return to the good old days of Underground 2 and Carbon, when i was driving MY car, not just a red Porche. Bring some focus back to the customization aspect, and the free roam and I'll be happy. If i just wanted to race generic cars on predetermined courses I'd get Forza.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 8:52:52 AM PDT
theinterwebs says:
well said sir.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 9:37:14 AM PDT
ProgramRAM says:
Thats how it should be

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:44:13 AM PDT
J. C. R. V says:
"must have game"

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 11:33:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 15, 2012 11:02:00 PM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
LMAFO at the "good old days of Underground 2 and Carbon". Those games were exceptions to the NFS formula not the rule.

-Split Screen (this is like a no brainer, cmon)

Split screen on a open world game is something current generation consoles would have some difficulty doing while maintaining a good frame rate without major concessions being made to achieve it. It's a lot easier to accomplish on closed tracks where everyone is going to more or less be in the same place as that data is already likely completely loaded into the system RAM..

-Full Customization (body, drivetrain..the works)

Criterion's Most Wanted features performance based customization to vehicle bodies, chassis, power train, tires and nitrous.

-Free Roam

This game has free roam and an area larger and more detailed than that of Burnout: Paradise.

-More Draft and Sprint Races

I think this is pretty much a given.

-Less Time Trial Races

Not sure on this but I doubt we'll have an annoying over use of them like with Hot Pursuit 2010.

-Skippable cut scenes if any

Guessing the only "cut scenes" we'll have are those to mask loading before certain races.

-Damage setting ON and OFF (that way, anybody can choose how they want to play)

This.... Yeah odds are not happening, damage probably won't affect performance though.

-Detailed HUD with granular settings (you can set what you want to see, and what you dont want to see on the screen)

HUD stuff is going to be minimal anyway and unobtrusive judging from the videos.

-SPEED...

Cars will go fast but we'll see how well the sense of speed is sold in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 10:45:43 AM PDT
phoongdan says:
I like having both my own customization options and unlocking cars that the game developers have customized. What I don't like is the level restrictions. In NFS The Run there are cars that you unlock that you can't drive 90% of the time. I want to be able to drive my Level 6 car in Level 1 car races some of the time - yeah I know that makes it easy to get the Platinum medal and to dominate others that don't have a Level 6 car, but that's the fun of it! It seemed like in NFS Undercover once you unlocked that Battle Machine RX-7 you could use it just about anywhere. That's what I like.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 5:25:25 AM PDT
C. Charlton says:
Stop making excuses for split screen being absent. It could very well be in there if they wanted, but Criterion doesn't do split screen.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:46:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2012 2:11:00 PM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
Please list some current generation games on PS3 or XB360 with large open environments that feature split screen without restrictions or limitations/compromises.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:06:53 AM PDT
C. Charlton says:
Borderlands. Starhawk. Twisted Metal. Rage. Gran Turismo. Call of Duty. Uncharted. Gears of War. Halo.

Split screen doesnt even have to be totally free roam, just load out a layout/route and make people race there, that's not a problem.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 6:20:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 6:21:30 AM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
*Sigh* I should have said seamless open world (considering this was meant as a clear comparison to MW2012), but nice you're trying to use it in the loosest sense of the term with games no one would ever consider as such outside a couple. Oh and grats, bringing up something I already did as one of the concessions that need to be made, even those games you listed with their relatively small, lower detailed maps still have to make concessions for the sake of preserving the frame rate. Even if they did go the lame closed off route even more people would complain.

Split screen isn't worth the time/money/resources for a feature very few people ever use and thanks to the rise of high speed internet the vast majority of people play online MP and besides it's EA and like all publishers they like money and the money isn't there anymore for split screen. Don't buy it and tell EA and other publishers not supporting split screen anymore why.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 5:46:37 PM PDT
Jerry Alex says:
you must be an only child or something. One of the best parts about racing games is playing each other. And who else better than your own siblings? It's not right that you'd need 2 tvs and systems and game discs to play against your own brother. It's one of the most useful features for anyone. And it's a billion times better racing your friends when they're in the same room as you rather than over the internet.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 7:18:54 AM PDT
El Flechero says:
No dude. Split screen is what video-games are all about, not sitting by yourself in front of a screen playing with "friends" online. I love burnout paradise, I think it's one of the best racing games this gen, but I spend a lot more time playing Blur nowadays because I can play it with my wife. I was really hoping with the NFS franchise EA could spend the money, heck, task a whole other team to come up with a split-screen solution, because it IS worth it. Uncharted 3 changed a lot from 2, but the single most important addition to their multiplayer was split-screen. I don't care if it drops the frame rate a little, I don't care if they lower the detail level, the resolution, I just want to play a game with PEOPLE.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 8:39:01 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
Why the hell is he complaining about split screen compromises if he wont be using split screen?
WE DONT CARE.
Just make us play with others on the same console/tv and we'll be happy. So what if they drop the detail level a little bit?

I haven't bought any EA racing game since Burnout Paradise, and its all because none of them have split screen. The value isn't there for me if all I can do for multiplayer is go online. Tired of having friends come over and ask "Does that have 2 player?" and when I say no I get a depressing "THATS LAME" response. Only car games I've bought since are GT5 and Twisted Metal, so me and everybody I know can come over and play against each other.

Progressively, I'm seeing many more developers making an effort to get split screen back into their games if possible. As mentioned before, Uncharted 3 got it in. Borderlands thrives on it. Motorstorm ignored it in the 1st but never again. It's really just EA that is the main culprit incapable of dividing the screen and forcing people to use their online passes.
So, think before you speak again about there being no priority for split screen. Many games get more sales because of it, and they sure as hell dont lose sales because its there.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:18:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2012 10:14:39 AM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
Alright I'm not going to post the book I was writing because I have no need to explain and defend myself against the crap being posted and after this I'm done. Instead will keep this short, EVERYTHING I've said about split screen has been in relation to THIS GAME I have nothing against it being available, it's nice to have if it's there but it does not affect my or the vast majority of people's decisions when buying a game. My entire point has been trying in vain to get you people to understand that to get it to work resources have to be dedicated to it, from system resources to manpower/time and yes money that many developers/publishers (especially with EA) find it just not worth doing anymore, especially if it means having to significantly compromise what they've been working on for years to shoehorn a feature in that rarely gets used today by the majority. Those games that do are either using engines that easily support it or there's a tradition they want to maintain despite the problems that arise with it. None of those games have large, seamless open worlds. Borderlands is broken up into zones to get around limitations and RAGE is similar IIRC and even had a huge required install on PS3 IIRC due to load time issues, the others are individual maps, closed off tracks and so on and are not comparable. Forza Horizon also features a large open world and surprise has no split screen where as previous games did minus the first Forza on the XBox, which again lacked it because of the same reasons, it's all about hardware limitations. Maybe next generation split screen will make a real comeback but I doubt it.

I'll leave with this quote from Criterion's twitter from before HP2010's release about this.

"No. We don't feel 15fps is an acceptable gaming experience anymore."

https://twitter.com/CriterionGames/status/24874882315

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 10:30:43 AM PDT
I understand your reasons for split screen being hard and am not arguing with them. But all I have to say is that, for me and everyone I know and have ever played with, playing together in the same room is the best in gaming. Period. ESPECIALLY with racing games! Every time I buy a game, I look to see if it has split screen and how (why doesn't MW let you do split screen on the campaigns anymore like they used to on World at War?!) If it doesn't have split screen, or not the way I want it, I always reconsider buying, and often choose not to. (I didn't buy The Run even though it's cheap now!) I also play BLUR more now with my son just for that reason. If it's too hard to have the quality graphics of NFS in an open world game, then I pray, pray, pray that the next Hot Pursuit with closed races will have the option. Oh yeah, and fewer time trials, etc. IMO, aside from those two issues, the 2010 NFSHP is the best game ever!

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 4:07:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2012 4:09:15 AM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
See, I'll totally agree that HP2010's time trials sucked, but still got gold in everything, I think HP2010's issue with SS is mainly because they were pushing so much in SP while maintaining a stable 30FPS that split screen just would have been way too much even if they toned down the visuals. Didn't get to play Blur but personally I enjoyed Split/Second which was also a fine racing game with split screen and that too can be had for cheap now. It's just unfortunate that both developers went out of business last year because both Blur and Split/Second didn't sell enough, if split-screen was such a big selling point then both of them should have sold a lot better given the quality of the games, probably didn't help that both were released at about the same time along with Modnation Racers (which also had SS up to 4 players but as a kart racer not exactly a resource hog) and just got lost in the shuffle being new IPs, the cover of NFS:MW 2012 also reminds me of Split/Second's.. Admittedly over the last several years I've barely used local MP options like SS as I live by myself (with my second PS3 controller wasting away) and my RL friends and I are all spread out now as life has taken us to different places, whenever we do manage to get together playing video games generally not on the agenda, we do most of that online and and converse through VOIP (Mumble in the case) which is much better than the in game stuff, especially if we're not alone, obviously not the same but way better than how it use to be.

The problem is though more games are pushing the single player experience harder than ever before and split screen takes a lot of resources to run and run well and the current generation of consoles, being hardware that's 6/7 years old (older if you take in account the R&D and design stages) just don't have the processing power and RAM to keep up anymore when it comes to what's being done for the primary mode of game play in single player and online MP. I do think next generation could see a real come back of sorts for split screen given a big boost in both should allow developer to implement it will less issues but only if it's deemed "worth it" and putting the resources into something that a small minority of buyers might actually use and the resources could find better use elsewhere, I'm sure publishers have gained all kinds of data this generation thanks to consoles always being connected. Games that do it manage it because everyone is basically in the same small area that's already loaded into the RAM, can't do that with a big open world game where environment data is constantly being streamed without locking everyone into the same general place with the current hardware. Something like Borderlands manages what they do one, thanks to a now old game engine that was made with SS in mind and the fact that its fairly simplistic graphically, but they still had to have restrictions and limitations including being unable to be the host online while running SS.

I wouldn't buy The Run, it wasn't very good and even for a racing game lacks replay value and its developer (EA Black Box) has been restructured and finally taken off the NFS series to focus on online and free to play games including their NFS:World. NFS:MW2012 will likely have a temporary price drop during the Black Friday weekend as previous NFS games have had. I bought HP2010 for $40 a week after it came out thanks of Black Friday, The Run dropped too and I expect this game will do the same.

Okay, I was done with this topic and now I've gone and written a novel... >_<

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 11:56:01 PM PST
Real217 says:
I'm not going to argue with you about this split screen stuff. You probably understand the mechanics and techs better than i do. The point is, there is no way, in this day and age, that NFS cannot make a good quality game, with great graphics and fps and include split-screen in it. Its not the technology, its the money. They dont think the money is worth it. So dont say it cant be done, it can be done, they just dont want to put the money in. YOu put that one little feature and you get more customers. Who told you few people use spit screen? we cant because its not available! thats the problem, not that we dont want to. To not include split screen is about being cheap, which I think is totally stupid.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 2:00:11 PM PST
anatole ghio says:
Driver SF has split screen, and it is an open world game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Playstation 3
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (392)