What do you think about Deus Ex?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2011 6:03:20 AM PDT
JTW says:
I didn't play any of the other games, but the trailers for DE look good. However, the powers you have been given remind me of the nanosuit in Crysis 2, which was a big dud IMHO. What do you think?

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 8:47:54 PM PDT
Neo Garde says:
The original gave you options which are similar to what Crysis gives players. Not saying that Crysis copied but the original Deus Ex did it first. For those of us that played the original, and have been waiting for a worthwhile sequel, I think this game won't disappoint. I tried Crysis 2 and sent it back after two days. The story failed to grab me, unlike the original Deus Ex. As long as this Deus Ex has a deep story that allows for player choice, instead of a simple linear format, I'm thinking I will be extremely happy with it.

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 10:26:33 PM PDT
Orcus says:
Deus Ex will deliver, if they stick to the original formula.

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 6:20:11 AM PDT
Eric Wagner says:
Crysis is more of just a straight forward FPS action series where as the Deus Ex series is an FPS/RPG hybrid, you have decisions to make on how to handle your missions that actually matter. Go in guns blazing and kill everything that moves...cool but what if later you need those people who you killed to save the life of someone you care about. Then again if you choose the route of non-violence will anyone take you seriously?

There is a deep moral system at the heart of the Deus ex series, and its up to you decide how you handle it. I'm looking forward to this title as the original Deus Ex is one of my all time favorites!

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 8:09:11 PM PDT
As long as they keep "unified Ammo", it will be a great game!

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 8:49:35 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
Never played the first but picked up Deus Ex Invisible War for cheap. Couldn't get into it though and gave up after replaying the first level multiple times. Interested in this one though.

Crysis 2 was pretty good but the glitches took me out of it too often and the story was not very gripping. Don't regret buying it though, it's a ton of fun.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 9:37:31 AM PDT
Dave says:
I wish they offered an option to play in 3rd person ala Fallout III/Oblivion

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 11:46:00 AM PDT
Adam says:
I loved Crysis 2, so if this is anything like that, I'll be picking this up when it's $30 or less, as I do with all other PS3 games I buy since there's no $20 promotional credit for this.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2011 10:59:32 AM PDT
Bobby says:
Dave, a 3rd person option would have sold me on this. As is? I'll pass, maybe pick it up later for $20.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 9:29:21 AM PDT
C. Johnson says:
Loved the original for the PC, but never played Invisible War. I thought about getting Invisible war, but kind of lost interest after a while. I was very afraid that they messed up all that was good in the original.

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 4:20:37 PM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
Saw the feature in Qore and the character graphics were awful. I hope that was just some old footage they were showing and the game is a lot more polished.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 7:57:06 AM PDT
Redlogic says:
I saw that episode of Qore and thought the game looked great...to each his own I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 10:48:40 AM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
The game itself looks good, and the visuals are stunning in all of the trailers. It's just that the characters (faces, hands) looked really bad in that Qore episode. Needs some major polishing.

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 4:48:51 PM PDT
Monkey Pants says:
need a price drop for me to pull the trigger, my stocks took a beating this week :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 9:55:37 AM PDT
Dave says:
Totally agree Bobby, I can't stand not having any peripheral vision. People like to pretend that 1st person is more realistic, but it just isn't. When I'm walking in real life I can see movement next to me and don't have to continuously spin my head around. It's annoying when newer games remove options. In Fallout and Oblivion you can play 1st person OR 3rd, so why not in this game? What would happen if you played in 3rd that's so terrible?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9aebea74)

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Playstation 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution - Playstation 3 by Solutions 2 Go (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (195)