Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2008 10:46:18 AM PDT
Miss Vickie says:
What is your favorite Pat Metheny Tune?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2008 3:29:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2008 3:34:20 AM PST
Leif Hanson says:
Cathedral in a suitcase from Secret Story!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2008 9:35:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2008 10:01:14 PM PST
Rob Stoneman says:
Cathedral In A Suitcase is good, thank you, for that. I saw the Secret Story Tour in Seattle, Portland and Vancouver. I 'm grateful the Pat Metheny Group breaks up most their albums in 7 to 12 terrific tracks and still manage to present them as one cohesive whole. For a number of years I feel I'd be betraying my best interest by singling out certain songs, all Pat Metheny Group tunes give me goosebumps. In the Spirit of the Times. Yes? Some of the Greatest Original Music I know and will always appreciate. Peace out, Leif and Miss Vicki. Awesome. If you're ever up this way, be sure to say hi, I'm always the first and last to arrive and leave one of the group's shows. Watching Pat Metheny perform the Secret Story Tour was a opportunity to witness a real major work in the process. I can't get enough of Secret Story, I just bought the 2 CD Special Edition this summer, I'd listen to it all day long cleaning school tables, the extra tracks are like candy sprinkles on a ice cream cone. Sweet. All the tracks hold a special place in my heart. What a nice question to ask, Miss Vicki. Way!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 8:29:11 PM PST
I was quite young when in my cable tv there was a channel that sold CDs. In those days you didn't have Itunes, so people bought CDs. I heard the song "Last train home". I was enchanted. It was so soothing and harmonic. The melody got stuck in my head. I just had to get it. Doing some research I found that that song was from a guy named Metheny. That was it. Since then a big fan. Despite having listened many songs, it's still number one. When I feel stressed or down I just put Last train home and the blues starts to fade.
I have heard there is a "similar" song from Pat: San Lorenzo. But so far I haven't heard it yet. What do you think guys? Have you heard San Lorenzo? Is it comparable or just two different kind of songs?

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2009 12:50:44 PM PDT
SINAN ISERI says:
"River Quay" from album "Watercolors". Simple, beautiful, uplifting...

Posted on Aug 15, 2009 9:45:26 AM PDT
T. X. Hearty says:
Antonia is my current favorite -

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 7:00:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 21, 2009 7:01:50 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 7:01:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2009 7:02:14 PM PDT
Lovemaking: "Are You Going With Me" (sorry for stating the obvious!)
Swimming: "Midwestern Night's Dream" (Pat & Jaco)
General exultation: "Finding and Believing," "Above the Treetops"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 7:01:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 21, 2009 7:02:21 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 6:28:34 AM PDT
J. N. Lake says:
The First Circle! No ifs, ands, or buts...

Posted on Nov 21, 2013 4:43:10 AM PST
The first circle , whenever I need a lift ! It get it done for me , a forever Pat fan.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Secret Story 2CD Special Edition
Secret Story 2CD Special Edition by Pat Metheny (Audio CD - 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (36)