Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 1, 2013
I bought this book for my 9 year old to read. We started reading it for her 30 min daily required reading. I read it to her, she read it to me. I couldn't wait to see what was happening next so I finished the book ahead of her. I couldn't put it down. Love the whole book especially that the whole story of Snow White changes. It is great to show that the princess isn't so needy and becomes independent. My daughter just finished this one today and went on to read the next one "If the Shoe Fits" also today.
These are wonderful books for young and old!
on November 5, 2012
I bought this book for my 6-1/2 yr old daughter. We got it Friday afternoon and we were done reading it at 8:30 that evening. (I read it to her.) She wouldn't let me put it down. (We did get dinner and voice lessons in but she kept picking up the book asking me for one more page.) Even my husband listened to the whole book. It was fun, funny, engaging and we loved it.
VINE VOICEon June 10, 2012
Abby is a girl after my own heart. She is ten, very concerned with fairness, wants to be a judge when she grows up, is a bossy older sister, and prefers her adventures in story books. Also, she loves exclamation points! But when she and her adventurous younger brother Jonah get sucked into a magic mirror in the basement of her old house she has to find a way to save Snow White from her evil stepmother and find her way home too.

Abby wants her stories unchangeable. When Jonah stops Snow from eating the poisoned apple, the story is changed. Abby and Jonah hatch a variety of schemes to make the story follow the pattern they both know but nothing works. The kids have lots of adventures as they travel from the dwarves' cottage to Snow White's castle. Along the way Abby does things she never thought she would be brave enough to do and learns that sometimes change is good.

The story is filled with humor and heart. I recommend it to middle grade fantasy lovers.
on February 28, 2013
I enjoyed this book very much actually! I sneaked this from my daughter's room and loved it! It was a mix of humor, teamwork, and fantasy which made the book an awesome experience to read it.

About The Book: Abby and Jonah, two siblings, move to Smithville. Then one night, they explore their basement and get sucked into an old mirror. As they arrive in Snow White's story, Jonah "saves" her from getting poisoned in the apple part. But, as Abby thinks about it...Snow White won't get her happily ever after! Will Abby and Jonah find a way to save the story? Or does Snow live UNhappily ever after?
on July 24, 2014
Plot: This was a cute plot. I liked that it gave Snow a lot more agency than she has in the standard fairy tale. I also thought the author did a good job of presenting her lesson (change isn't always bad) in an interesting way.
Characters: The characters were fine- I didn't love or hate any of them. I do think that both of the female main characters were good characters for children's fiction like this though.
Overall: This was a cute story and I had fun reading it. I do think that the premise of the series could get old after a while though.
on December 20, 2015
Before a 60 minute road trip, I decided to try a book on tape to keep my daughter and niece entertained. Possibly, I also secretly wanted to develop their love for reading. It worked. The story was light hearted, fun, relevant, and creative. I enjoyed did and so did two 7 year girls.
on December 29, 2015
I bought this book after reading the e-book sample, because I thought that it might be something my 9 year old daughter might enjoy hearing at bedtime. She's a little young for her age, and although most 9 year old girls would love this book, the flow just wouldn't work for her. I enjoyed the creative twists (some of the dwarves are girls) and could sympathize with Abby over the struggles of adjusting to a new town and school, but Abby's tendency to make a mental list of the whys and why nots, pros and cons, etc. got old really quickly. In the end, I give it a 4.5. It was a likeable story, and is something that my daughter might enjoy after she matures a bit more.
on December 9, 2015
This book has no words to describe how great it is.
Ever since I started reading it, I can't put this book down!This series shows spectacular twists in well-loved fairy tales.
Recommended to 9 to 11 years old.🌷
on May 10, 2015
Just as the Magic Tree House series takes readers through history, the Whatever After series takes readers through fairy tales. Ten-year-old Abby and her seven-year-old brother find a magic mirror that allows them to step right into their favorite fairytales. Mlynowski has that great writer's "voice" that makes girly tween books so fun.
on June 16, 2015
It a good book for my 6-yr-old, though still too tough for her to read, but I enjoy reading it to her at bedtime. We'vd read he first three in the series and she wants the rest of them. The language and dialogue is very current with positive interraction between brother and protective older sister.