Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on November 30, 2011
The album was $3.99, which is really why I got it. Like a lot of other people who listen to the radio, "Tonight, Tonight" has been stuck in my head for awhile so I figured I may as well. I listened to the samples for awhile, and none of the other songs particularly struck me but... $3.99, right? This is how I have no money.
Anyway.
One thing that's worth noting is that most of the songs on 'Whatever' sound the same.
Apparently they all contribute to vocals, but each song sounds like the same guy going for the high-pitched screechy voice and achieving it well. "Tonight, Tonight;" "Whatever;" and "Forever Unstoppable," which are a lot less painful to listen to.
Actually, "Forever Unstoppable" has a unique sound. It's a lot different from most of the rest of the songs on the album, and that's refreshing because the rest of them are really similar.
"The Only One," is another try for a slightly slower song. Unfortunately, the chorus ruins it.
"Why Don't You Love Me," is the obligatory love ballad. The vocals behind it are more stable than "The Only One," and a lot of the other songs. Demi Lovato compliments this vocalist well. The song itself is a little... bland. But that's likely to happen when it comes to sad love songs, so...
Overall, the album is worth $3.99, but I wouldn't spend more than $5 on it.
Highlights include "Tonight, Tonight" "Radio" and "Beautiful Freaks."

Happy Listening!
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 24, 2012
A connection to Glee? A song played a lot on the radio? Can't think of a band who'd be more open to criticism from the narrow minded pop and rock critics out there,who still probably think underneath it all dark and dreary is the way to go musically,and further more who view anything with a visual media connection as suspect.What this Nashville band,led by singer/songwriter/guitarist Ryan Follese,have to offer is not another cookie cutter variation of the same sort of sound that all too many often talented individuals are offering up in sometimes desperate cries out for the listeners attention. Naw there's something different here. Something I like and something not heard too often in new music.

What that something is amounts to the synergy created by a combination of highly singable pop melodies and generally churning,rhythmic guitar based funk. The first two numbers "I Like It Like That" and of course "Tonight Tonight",a song I had trouble getting out of my head and feet. "Radio" is my favorite here,as it gets right down into that groove and stays here. Even far more pop/rocky numbers such as "Honestly","Keep You With Me",the title song,"Forever Unstoppable" and "Downtown Girl" are filled with energy,drive and general strength. "Beautiful Freaks" delivers on an atypically rhythmically potent EDM style number whereas "Why Don't You Love You" and "The Only One" deliver on symphonic epic pop.

This is one of those few albums I've ever heard where the entire album sounds like one big hit single melodically. Every single song here is so well and carefully constructed it does so even without sounding particularly contrived as such. In fact,there's a quality that about them that remind me a bit of Smashmouth in that regard-though not in the punk/ska/hipster sense. More in the way they bring the sounds they find dancable,from the interrelating genres of funk and hip-hop to contemporary pop/soul and electro pop. Making good pop music is something that requires a level of care. And while bands like this and Maroon 5,who both gain a lot of inspiration from the 70's funk era to create their pop music,there exists many levels on which they can create themselves even better in the future.
on January 1, 2013
I couldn't find their song anywhere, because I couldn't remember the lyrics so I convinced myself that I had made up the song, Tonight, Tonight. After a week of thinking that I was going nuts, I heard the song again as I was running late for work and was glad to find out that I already had the song on my ipod, and had for months. That being said, when I saw they had a full length album out I was happy to download it. It's fun and easy to listen to.
on July 17, 2012
I originally was going to order just the song Tonight, Tonight because my son loves it. After previewing the entire album, I decided to purchase. Catchy and poppy party tunes.
on November 29, 2011
I have been waiting for the album for quite some time now, and I have to say that I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. The songs are happy, they make you bounce around the house, and no one will be able to frown when listening to this awesome cd!
Sure, there are still the beautiful heart felt songs like Keep You With Me, Why don't you Love me & Only One.
WHatever gives a great mix between up tempo songs, sweet ballad kind of music and just amazing tunes.

Be sure to give this a listen, you'll love it from the moment you hear Ryan's voice. You're in a bad mood? Listen Whatever. You just want to be left alone? Listen Whatever. You are happy as ever? Listen Whatever!
Just do it, and you won't regret it.

If you like the songs Tonight Tonight and I like it Like that, you'll absolutely LOVE the album.

My top three?
- Radio
- Whatever
- Honestly

and it's with pain in the heart that I choose these, because I love all of the songs!
on November 21, 2012
These four boys have created a fun, new way to listen to music. I'm not afraid to say that they are my favorite band. I first heard Tonight Tonight and fell in love with it after it was stuck in my head for about a week straight. I've been a devoted fan, what I like to call a Beautiful Freak, for about a year now and I have to say that this CD still hasn't gotten old after a year. This album is completely different from their first, but is still just as catchy and well written. My favorite is Beautiful Freaks for many reasons but a close second would have to be Radio because of a concert experience with that song. I've met all four members and I must say that while they are all cute, talented and famous, they are also down to earth people that love their fans more than anything. You will not be disappointed with this album or this band in general. Hope you enjoy the amazing music they have to offer. :)
on June 5, 2014
I love all the songs on here ! Especially " I like it like that " , " Why don't You Love me ft . Demi lavato " , " Radio " , "Forever Unstoppable" , "The only one " and " Beautiful Freaks ". Over all just a great collection of Hot Chelle Rae songs . I would Highly reccommend for anyone who like Demi Lavato or ColdPlay or even Swedish House Mafia . This at great price& it came as describe . Plus fast shipping and You have the Auto Rip feature which put all the tracks on the amazon cloud player app , which are made available before it 's shipped for no extra charge . All you do is type in your amazon email and password on the app and you can listen to it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 27, 2011
Got hooked on Hot Chelle Rae when many other's did, this past summer with "Tonight, Tonight" but after I heard that I started wanting to hear more of them.

I ended up purchasing the album when it released, and it's been one of the better albums I've purchased lately.

Most of the time when I buy an album, a few of the songs are good, some are mediocre, and some are just bad...but with this one, I don't think any of the songs fall into the "bad" category. Sure, some are better than others, but none of them are songs that I would think about removing from my playlists.

Overall, a nice album.
on November 30, 2011
There is not a single song on this album that will not have you dancing and jamming in your seat! Side edfects of this album include the uncontrolable urge to dance and sing into a hair brush microphone I front of your bathroom mirror or in the middle of your room. Hot Chelle Rae ne'er ceases to reliever exactly what their fans want. And this album is no exception! Buy it? You don't know what you're missing If you don't.
on March 3, 2013
I never really knew HCR, only a few of there songs,but everything changed when they went on the tour with demilovato i went to the concert! and their songs were good! So i went and bought the album! Every song on the album i really liked! i love every single song on here! i would recommend(sp?) this album to anyone! its worth the money!