Samsung HPT5064 50-Inch Plasma HDTV
Used & New from: $550.00
What's up with Amazon's Pricing? This was $1315 a couple of weeks ago, I went online to buy it only to find the price had jumped $200! What gives Amazon?
asked by M. Warren on January 25, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Are you sure it was the HPT5064 vs. the HPT5054? I can say the HPT5064 is the same price as when I checked it about 9 days ago.
Amazon Customer answered on January 27, 2008
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was trying to talk my husband into buying this tv from Amazon. He was very reluctant, then the price went up like you said. My husband found the same TV at Fry's for approximately $1200.
janice399 answered on January 30, 2008

A
same here, i kept it in the cart and it jumped to 1500s. probably because of good demand. i thought it will go down again, gave it 2 weeks but ordered it from butterflyphoto.
Vetri answered on January 31, 2008

A
i think the price u saw was from another vendor who chardged for shipping. The current price reflects free shipping.
J. Sibley answered on February 4, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, he is correct. I was looking at this same TV, the HPT5064, and it was priced at $1315 just a couple weeks ago. I held out, thinking that prices may drop with the super bowl nearing. I was pretty shocked to see the price has increased by a couple hundred dollars within the last couple weeks. I'm a little confused by this.
Matthew Walsh answered on January 27, 2008
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on May 25, 2010 1:18:32 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›