4.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook to have on your shelf
Published on March 30, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
It has recipes that even Emeril Lagasse would enjoy.
Published 4 months ago by Dennis Pretti

4.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook to have on your shelf, March 30, 1999
By A Customer
We bought this cookbook on a whim (we liked the title) and have found it is now the first one we reach for when company is coming or the kids are tired of chicken and mac-n'cheese. The recipes are easy to do, many can be prepared in advance, and the author makes life easier by recommending accompanying side dishes and desserts. Every recipe we've tried has been a "winner". For a family on the go, this cookbook has made having a real dinner possible!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, January 17, 2002
By A Customer
We were given this book by a friend several years ago and it is a staple on our shelf, to the point that it is starting to fall apart! Every recipe has been fairly easy and delicious, received "rave" reviews from the diners on hand, and everyone to whom we've subsequently given the book has said it is one of the best. This is definitely the cookbook to have on hand when you need to whip together a meal, don't want to spend more than an hour doing it, and still have it taste like you were in the kitchen all day. It is the only "published" cookbook that comes with us when we go on summer vacation.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Most Often Used Books!, June 11, 2005
This review is from: What's for Dinner: 200 Delicious Recipes That Work Every Time (Paperback)
This is a book that easily answers the question posed by the title. I've yet to have a recipe from its pages fail; much to the contrary, everything turns out great! Even the time I had some aging mushrooms in the fridge and decided to make the Cream of Mushroom soup, wondering why I was bothering to make such a simple thing -- I was blown away! Highly recommended for everyone from beginners to experienced cooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Reasonably Priced, January 14, 2002
By A Customer
I must have recipes for anything I cook. I cannot just go the cupboard, pick out some ingredients, and dream up a meal.
This cookbook is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Every recipe I have used thus far is great....would serve to company. Plus, she makes nice suggestions as to sides to serve with the entrees. I am so happy with this book that I have now ordered her cookbook on Pacific Coast recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Favorite, December 13, 2013
I now have bought this cookbook five or six times over the last 10 years or so and they are getting harder to find. Many of the simple recipes have become favorite family and hosting dishes. Sadly, this book arrived in less than new condition with the spine broken and dirty. I'm unable to give it as a gift to the latest "what's for dinner" fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but good, February 27, 2010
Amazon Customer (Anniston, Al USA) - See all my reviews
My sister-in-law has this book. I've had the pleasure of tasting several of these recipes before buying. The enchilada sauce recipe is very good. Lots better than store-bought - canned sauce. So this was a no-brainer! The recipes are made with things I have on hand, without having to buy special items that I might not use again. Pretty healthy and doesn't rely on too many canned and packaged items. The good use of spices keeps the recipes from being boring. I have learned some new ways to use items such as using coffee instead of water in one of the soup recipes. This book is a nice mix of recipes. It shakes things up a bit, but doesn't go overboard. You need to do a little work, but don't need to spend hours on dinner.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, June 30, 2014
It has recipes that even Emeril Lagasse would enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Eats, October 24, 2011
Well organized and great recipes. Tried several and all were easy to prepare and very tasty. Really liked the menu ideas that were included in the beginning of each recipe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay product., December 17, 2009
I was really impressed with how quickly they got the cookbook to me. The only problem was it was very dirty. I know it was used but I think our "like new" definitions were a little different. Other than that, great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's For Dinner: 200 Delicious Recipes That Work Every Time, September 14, 2009
Great Book. Every time I cook something out of this cook book EVERYONE loves it. So far not a bad recipe yet, and I have used many of them.

What's for Dinner: 200 Delicious Recipes That Work Every Time
What's for Dinner: 200 Delicious Recipes That Work Every Time by Maryana Vollstedt (Paperback - October 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $0.01