Published on March 24, 2010 by DD

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful but could cost a lot!
Published on February 18, 2011 by organizer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best Book on organizing one's home, life and every day challenges, March 24, 2010
DD "DD" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
This is the greatest book I have seen on organizing. It is incredibly informative, actionable and easy to read. I am going to send one to all of my friends and family members. There is so much great information on things that I never realized I was doing incorrectly. Ms. Platt has done an incredible amount of research to make it easy for her readers to get their lives in order. This book is so much more than an organizing book. It will inspire you to do things better and to take a more educated approach to one's world. The information is laid out in very easy to grasp nuggets. There are suggestions for short projects so as to avoid being overwhelmed. I was so inspired that I started cleaning our and organizing six years of garage clutter - not an appealing task. You will enjoy a much brighter world after reading this book. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Q: What's a disorganized person to do?? A: Everything this book says!, March 20, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
Clear space = clear mind and this book offered me tips that have truly changed my quality of life. With guidance on everything from filing organization to healthy working habits, "What's a (Dis)organized Person To Do" covers all the bases in a convenient flip-through form. It's super easy to find guidance on your particular problem without wading through chapters and chapters--so many other authors wax philosophic before you can find that nugget of wisdom you're looking for. The author of this book offers it right up--no work required!

Aside from my own personal use, I think this book will also make a great gift. I plan to keep it in mind for newlyweds, recent college grads (it contains all the mothering one would need), or even empty-nesters in need of a reminder on how to reclaim the space they have shared with their children for so long. I highly, highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars From Disorganized to Organized in Easy to Follow Steps, August 2, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
This book deserves 10 stars. The author, Stacey Platt gives step by step instructions for organizing every aspect of your life leaving you time to cultivate your other interests.
1) The Entry
6) The Home Office
7) Utility and Storage Areas
8) Kid Clutter
9) Trips to Moves
The steps for organizing each area are very detailed. There are pictures through out the book that not only show examples but also provide inspiration for what one's new organized space can look like. There are lists and resources for the ideas presented in the book.

There are stickers in the back of the book
To Do: January through December
Good Idea
I can do this
Check this website out
Need this
To Do
Weekend project

It is nice to be given a road map that takes you from the cluttered chaos of disorganization to the serene tranquility of organization.

For the person(Mom to Mom) who gave this book one star and stated that the contents of the book was simplistic and could be found in blogs on the internet. While searching aimlessly on the internet and wading through endless chatter to discover bits of wisdom may be a good idea for those who have the time. Some of us would rather spend a few dollars to buy a book that lays out details of how to organize our lives step by step. All in one easy to follow book that is anything but simplistic.

4.0 out of 5 stars User friendly guide to organizing your space, July 9, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
There are so many books, magazines and Internet articles out there on home organization, why choose this one? For the first time I picked up a book on organization and to my surprise and delight actually used the techniques right away. The title and the random number of tips (317?) caused some skepticism but the format is easy to read, easy to follow and actually practical. The advice for each topic is brief but includes just enough information to have the reader understand why the advice is practical and then tells you how to complete the task. Most tasks can be done in a couple of hours or a couple of days depending on where you are starting on the clutter scale. The layout of the book itself is uncluttered, plenty of space and clean but illustrative photos and graphics. The uncluttered page left me room to make my own notes about how to personalize the results to suit my needs. You can start at any point in the book, skip around, work through it serially or just pinpoint the tasks you want to take on. The task oriented format of this book keeps the amount of work needed to keep de-cluttering manageable. Anyone can accomplish one task at a time. I started with my kitchen cabinets and am now moving on to filing. De-clutter your bookshelf of the other books on organization.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Organizing Fun!, March 28, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
Life is short, buy the darn book! You will not only find more time to enjoy life's simple graces and laugh out loud at your own foibles, but also come away with easy-to-implement tools for clarifying house and mind. "What's A Disorganized Person To Do?" is the layperson's version of Patanjali's "Yoga Sutras", a succinct treatise on how to move from a state of distraction to one of concentration.

5.0 out of 5 stars immensely helpful and easy to use, March 22, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
This book has tons of helpful ideas and solutions. In addition to ideas about reducing clutter and sorting out bills and other papers, it also has useful information such as how to fold fitted sheets and great tips about traveling with children. It covers everything, and is relevant whether you live in a small apartment or a large house. Well-organized living space equals clearer mind and more efficient use of time, which is why this book is so useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars SURPRISE -- EVEN YOUR HUSBAND WILL READ IT!!!, April 17, 2010
H. Lender (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
Move over Martha! This organizing guru's guide even got my husband's interest. In fact, it lives on his newly neatened bedside table. This how-to bible is an uber-organized, easy-to-read book to peruse in short in-the-bath bursts or from cover-to-cover in one sitting. Either way, the take-away is the same: helpful hints to clean out clutter, ready a move, and organize just about anything you can imagine. If my pack-rat guy was inspired -- you (and yours) will be too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful but could cost a lot!, February 18, 2011
I started reading this book and immediately found tips I could use. So far I've made one trip to the store and I'm only on Tip #48. Although there are many useful ideas here, if you starting trying to implement them you could quickly spend a lot of cash. The author suggests many products, containers, types of furniture, etc. that make organization easy, but many involve buying a new organizing product to implement.

Also, although several reviewers suggest this would make a good gift item, I would be offended if someone gave it to me because I would think they think I am disorganized. It's like giving someone a diet book for a gift.

That said, there are many good ideas in the book so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, March 26, 2010
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
Thanks to this lovely, easy-to-read book, I can now quickly locate glue or wiggle-eyes in my arts-and-crafts closet, stuff no longer falls out of my fridge when I open the door and I actually feel a subtle and exquisite joy upon stepping into my clothes closet each morning. Questions that I've been asking myself for years have finally been answered, like "What do I need to save for taxes and for how long?" or "How do I organize my photos?".

The author, Stacey Platt, is a friend. But it is not out of friendship that this book has caused me to change my habits -- and the energy in my home -- so completely. Thank you, Stacey, for this gift of a book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what this semi-organized person needed, August 9, 2011
This review is from: What's a Disorganized Person to Do? (Paperback)
This is a very easy read. I love how the book is divided and extremely matter of fact. This one has some great ideas. There are some areas that don't apply for my home, but that may be 4 pages out of 263. There are some great ideas. I have a decent handle on organizing my home and simply wanted to improve on my technique. This book provided exactly what I was looking for. Some of the ideas are very versatile and could be used in areas other than where presented. It is quite simple, but who has time to spend hours reading when trying to organize? I am pleased with my purchase.

What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
What's a Disorganized Person to Do? by Stacey Platt (Paperback - April 2, 2010)
$16.95 $14.97