Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 27, 2012
I've been reading--and loving--Misty Simon's books for years, and What's Life without the Sprinkles is another winner! If you like sweet but determined heroines and strong, hunky heroes, this book is definitely for you. By the end, you'll be convinced that everything is better with sprinkles :)
on November 12, 2012
This is an enjoyable read. The situations are somehwat improbable, but not impossible. The characters are well drawn and I found them entirely likeable. Some of the scenes were so funny or so touching that I think I will remember them, and the book is one I might actually like to read again.
on November 10, 2012
I love a story with humor and Misty Simon delivers! What's Life Without The Sprinkles is a fun story that engages with a great hero and heroine. What I love about the story is that the characters are real and lovable. Even the secondary characters engage with their quirkiness. Can't wait to read her next book.
on November 10, 2012
When I downloaded this book there was only one rating to go by. I have never read any books by this author and I really enjoyed it! Started it and finished it all in the same day! Fun romance where I literally laughed out loud at one point. Love books that make me smile all the way through it!
on November 28, 2012
Why is it so hard to see what's right under your nose. Claudia has always relied on her best friend Nate. He's always been there for her. But when did he change from best friend to hunk? An enjoyable story filled with twists and turns, romance and real-life situations. Fun!
on September 21, 2013
We've all heard the old adage from long married couples that friends make the best lovers or heard someone say their spouse is their best friend. I don't think this always holds true, but Misty Simon's exploration of the concept of long established friends slowly changing the parameters of their relationship grabbed me and wouldn't let go until I finished WHAT'S LIFE WITHOUT THE SPRINKLES? in one pleasurable sitting. It's simply that engaging and just plain good!

Baker Claudia Bradley and contractor Nate West have been best friends since kindergarten and they've always been there for each other. Yeah, there was that awkward moment when Nate tried to kiss her when they were twelve, but Nate stood by Claudia when she found herself pregnant at eighteen and her boyfriend Peter abandoned her before her second trimester. Nate was there when she gave birth and he's been a good friend and father figure to her 10 year old son Justin. The two of them see one another or talk on the phone every day and their friendship is a comfortable one. Well-meaning friends and family members think they make a perfect couple, but as Claudia and Nate finally wake up to the attraction they feel for one another, fear of ruining their all-important friendship is just too scary for either of them to contemplate.

Misty Simon deftly eased me into the atmosphere of small town life and longstanding friendships. Her plot is well-grounded and rings with authenticity and realism. Nate is that perfect hero who is always considerate of others and plays by the rules. Heroine Claudia is the quintessential single mom who has overcome the stigma of teen pregnancy and becomes a successful businesswoman, while being a great mother.

Ms Simon's writing has warmth, her characters seem like real people, and her plotting drew me in as she wove this amazing story of a platonic friendship that's breaking new ground, but not without some doubts on both sides. Emotions run high among this couple and the interfering family and friends who have a vested interest in their happiness, and Misty Simon approaches the emotional element so well that, in the end, I even felt compassionate towards the self-centered man who left his pregnant teenage girlfriend to fend for herself a decade earlier. Put this one on your TO READ list because you won't be disappointed in this cake with added sprinkles.

Reviewed by Angie Just Read...
for TheRomanceReviews.com
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
I liked the story but got frustrated with the two main characters. I kept wanting to yell wake up to first Claudia and then to Nate. I liked the idea that a relationship can grow and change between two people in a good way.
on November 28, 2012
This was a very well written, fun read. I really enjoyed the story. A nice change from the more popular books that are either about sex or the every classic "murder mystery".
on November 15, 2012
This book is a well written cute,romantic story! I loooooooved Nate what a man. Claudia is an admirable character. Justin is so cute. My first book by this author but not my last.
on November 17, 2012
Absolutely loved this book from start to finish. Wish I had a Nate West in my life. I definitely related being a single mom and all. I want sprinkles in my life now.